Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2010

Options
  • 16-03-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Headliners due to be announced soon. Confirmed so far are:

Reverend & The Makers
    The Coronas
    Jape
    The Chapters
    Delorentos
    The Riptide Movement
    Adebisi Shank
    Codes
    FRED
    Fish Go Deep
    Disconauts
    Ghostcat
    The Funeral Suits
    Yes Cadets
    O Emperor
    Hoarsebox
    The Vital Spark
    And many, many more.

4 stages this year. Onsite camping. DJ sets will close down the stages each night and will run until 2AM.

Tickets on sale from www.ticketgroup.ie. Weekend Camping €79, Weekend Non-Camping €59.
    Official Website to be launched soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Headliners due to be announced soon. Confirmed so far are:

Reverend & The Makers
    The Coronas
    Jape
    The Chapters
    Delorentos
    The Riptide Movement
    Adebisi Shank
    Codes
    FRED
    Fish Go Deep
    Disconauts
    Ghostcat
    The Funeral Suits
    Yes Cadets
    O Emperor
    Hoarsebox
    The Vital Spark
    And many, many more.

4 stages this year. Onsite camping. DJ sets will close down the stages each night and will run until 2AM.

Tickets on sale from www.ticketgroup.ie. Weekend Camping €79, Weekend Non-Camping €59.
    Official Website to be launched soon.

Nice! So when will the headliners be announced? I have my tickets already:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I think you'll find hijacking a thread may result in a negative association with your band.

The what with the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I think you'll find hijacking a thread may result in a negative association with your band.

:confused:

The second post was originally an ad for that Riptide shower. Obviously has been deleted since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Coronas is kind of embarrassing, i hope the headliners are decent cos I do want to check this out regardless

nm wrote: »
    The Coronas is kind of embarrassing, i hope the headliners are decent cos I do want to check this out regardless

Certainly sends the line-up in a different direction alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The Coronas are alright live. I've never been a fan but I saw them last summer and they put on a fairly good show.

I hope the headliners are good, I'd like to go but I've either seen or arent too into most of the acts announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Was at Yes Cadets gig on friday in Whelans, they are def onto something good, seriously catchy tunes. Songs in my head ever since.

Duke Special added

• Advertisement

When will the headliners be announced?

falan wrote: »
    When will the headliners be announced?

Soon. I would say within the next fortnight. Some I's to be dotted and T's to be crossed is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

is the venue this year near the firgrove hotel? stayed there last year but not going to if its too much of a treck from the venue. if not, which hotel would be closest?

is the venue this year near the firgrove hotel? stayed there last year but not going to if its too much of a treck from the venue. if not, which hotel would be closest?

No. It's just up the road from there, a few hunnert yards.

Of all the reasons I've seen for people to decide not going festivals over the years, proximity to the Firgrove is a new one

That's Electric Picnic & Oxegen out too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Ha Ha :) Brilliant.... hotel booked now. Looking forward to another weekend of madness this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Doooo

Any chance of adding Johnny Logan to the line-up?????? :D

Doooo wrote: »
    Any chance of adding Johnny Logan to the line-up?????? :D

No, sorry Johnny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Doooo

No, sorry Johnny.

Damn.

Maybe McDonald's will hire me again.

If any of the bands pull out though, keep me in mind!

:)

Doooo wrote: »
    Damn.

Maybe McDonald's will hire me again.

If any of the bands pull out though, keep me in mind!

:)

Might have something going for 2011. What's another year?

• Advertisement

Oh, by the way.

WHITE LIES confirmed, for Sunday Aug 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Nice one, White Lies are brilliant live! I'm definitely going

Press Release – “INDIEPENDENCE is Back and its Bigger then ever”
    Date of Release: 12-April-2010

Curve Music Management are delighted to announce the initial details of this year’s INDIEPENDENCE Music Festival in association with Bavaria which will take place at Deer Farm just outside Mitchelstown, co. Cork over the August Bank Holiday Weekend this year. The intimate 5,000 person capacity event has punched above its weight in recent years with the acts it has attracted and 2010 is no different. Already announced for the weekend festival are London based act WHITE LIES whose 2009 debut To Lose My Life was the first UK act to debut at number 1 in the UK charts. They won best new band at both the Q and NME awards in 2009 while also picking up an MTV Europe Award for Best Push Artist. WHITE LIES will play their only Irish Festival performance this summer at INDIEPENDENCE.

Other acts announced include recent Meteor winners of the best album gong THE CORONAS who have been selling out huge venues all over Ireland, UK Festival favourites Reverend & The Makers whose debut The Stage of Things went top 5 in the UK album charts. DUKE SPECIAL will also perform at this year’s festival bringing his eclectic and eccentric live performance to Mitchelstown. With at least one more headliner to be announced along with another 30 top class festival acts, the line-up looks unbelievably strong for a festival with the lowest ticket price in the country of any festival even close to this size. Other acts announced so far include Jape, Delorentos, FRED, CODES, The Chapters, Wiggle, O Emperor, Fish Go Deep, The Flaws, Yes Cadets, The Riptide Movement, Adebisi Shank and many more.

This year’s new site also adds to the overall aesthetic of the festival. INDIEPENDENCE 2010 will see four covered stages with the Bavaria main stage a 3,500 capacity permanent structure. The site will see a large kids area, additional gourmet food areas and bars along with an electro tent and a few more surprises along the way. 2010 also sees the addition of “The Square”, a little festival within a festival including up and coming bands and DJ’s, a Comedy tent, chill out areas, indoor covered seating and many more attractions. INDIEPENDENCE has been described as “filling the musical wasteland” between Oxegen and Electric Picnic and “the best festival in the country after the big two”, with the line-up that’s coming together and a wonderful new site in place, it looks like INDIEPENDENCE will continue to affirm its position as the best small festival that Ireland has to offer.

INDIEPENDENCE 2010 will take place on July 31st and August 1st with the onsite camping opening at 4pm on Friday July 30th. Tickets are priced at €79 for weekend camping and €59 for weekend non-camping. Tickets are available from www.ticketgroup.ie .

Further details on the festival are available from www.indiependencefestival.com .

This is going to be brilliant...Fair play to the organisers!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Alabama 3, Super Extra Bonus Party, God Is An Astronaut added to line up.

Full line up so far, more to follow Adebisi Shank Agbonlahor Alabama 3 Alan Murphy Alterousa Ana Gog Autumn Owls Clive Barnes Codes Darragh O'Sullivan Dashka LIVE DC Tempest Deaf Radio Death Disco Deburca Delorentos Dirty Fix Disconauts LIVE Doctor Leaves Dr. Feekenstein Duke Special Echogram Fingersmith Fiona Kiely Fish Go Deep Fred Froud Ghetto Amaretto Ghostcat Grand Pocket Orchestra Grandmaster Cash Harry J Heritage Centre Hoarsebox Jape Joe Echo John Blek & The Rats John Shelly & The Creatures Karman Line Ken Maloney & Darren O'Hara Ladydoll Loveless Lemon Low Mountain Marian Trapassi Miracle Bell Niamh Danger O Emperor Palko Panama Kings Preachers Son Reverend & The Makers Rose O'Reilly Scuba Dice Sean McKeown & Richie O'Gorman Setmaker Sounds of a System Breakdown Storyfold Suede Halo Super Extra Bonus Party Sweet Jane The Chapters The Coronas The Flaws The Funeral Suits The Hot Sprockets The Loaded Kings The Making The Minutes The Parade The Riptide Movement The Turntable Instrumentalists The Vital Spark This Way Up Time is a Thief Tiny Little Minds Underground Comedy Club Waterford Collective DJ's White Lies Wiggle Yes Cadets Yesterdays Heroes

Theres quite a few bands on there i am mad to see....Got tickets for this already. Last year was excellent!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone here's been to Indiependence. It's in cork over the August bank holiday weekend. I had never heard of it until today and at €80 for a camping ticket is sounds like you can't go wrong. Although most of the lineup isn't really my thing theres a few bands who'd be good to see and if there's a good vibe in the campsite I'd really consider going.

Thanks in advance.

A few more bands added including "And So I Watch You From Afar"

• Advertisement

Advertisement