Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

ok prices, not recession friendly but they are reasonable. Any other prices you can inform me of? gf doesnt drink pints... btw I'm sold so I'll see ye all there! (not that I'd recognise ye :) )

I don't think the prices are anything other than great value. Check out www.indiependencefestival.com for more info

they are decent value for pints at a festival, thats true. Cheers again dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

the bands really are not good but I suppose it would be worth going if the tickets weren't too dear and you were guaranteed a good time.

• Advertisement

That's a matter of opinion greenmachine. The best of Irish is there and though you won't see Eminem you also won't be paying through the nose for your weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I'd go if The Coronas werent playing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

This shows how close the festival is to the the middle of the town. About half that distance to the nearest petrol station/supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You shouldnt be spoofing that rubbish to people. Whats wrong with the truth. You know there wasnt 4000 there last year so why are you stating it. There was approx 2000 and no more. I hope you get 4000 this year and good luck to you but be honest with the people when they are lookig for information

Where are you getting your info?

Are you the promoter of Cork X Southwest? If so do you realise how bad it looks for you picking fights online with promoters of other festivals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I am certainly no promoter and I genuinely have no ill will towards indiependence. I do however have a difficulty with people telling others things which are not true and can be misleading.

The capacity of Indiependence is 5,000 approx to the best of my knowledge. Claiming 4,000 people were there does not sound that unlikely to me.

Where are you getting your figure? Just because you think it's untrue doesn't make it so.

I'd like to see some proof of your claims because otherwise you just come off as someone who has a grudge. Have you ever been to the Indiependence festival yourself?

The fact that you used the phrase 'we' in the Cork X Southwest festival thread you started would make it seem that you have more to do with the festival than just being a regular punter.

• Advertisement

You shouldnt be spoofing that rubbish to people. Whats wrong with the truth. You know there wasnt 4000 there last year so why are you stating it. There was approx 2000 and no more. I hope you get 4000 this year and good luck to you but be honest with the people when they are lookig for information

There was approx 4,000 on the Saturday and 1,500 on the Sunday due to the weather. I'm not trying to exaggerate anything or pull the wool over anyone's eyes. If we were in the game of exaggerating things then our ticket prices would be a lot dearer than they are.

EDIT: There's enough room for two festivals in Cork, there's no need to be bitter about each other. We should be supporting each other if anything.

Fair enough. Then answer me this. Why did I read a post on some forum a couple of months ago by you that said you sold 3000 tickets approx in total. You see this is my reason for saying what I said first day. The inconsistency in your statements tell me you are a spoofer. If I am wrong then Im sorry for ever writing a word. Could you clarify this for me. And the "we" in the post I put up about cork x southwest is a west cork thing. "we" like to include ourselves in all thats good in the place. I did however work as a volunteer the two years i attended. Sadly i wont make it this year as i am out of the country. Fair point though mr. lebowski

WE sold 3,000 tickets. Ticketmaster sold the rest.

I'm not going to argue with you on it, I really couldn't be bothered and I would never attempt to sabotage a thread on Corkxsw through bitterness. If you're not associated with them then you shouldn't really go around promoting them while at the same time knocking other festivals. It sheds a bad light on 'ye'.

Just spoke to the head of the company and he gave me the exact figures for you so that we are all clear. We don't need to divulge this info but just so everyone is clear. Indiependence 2009: weekend camping tickets 1140. Weekend non-camping ticked 1495. Day tickets were 440 on Saturday and 105 on Sunday. With competition giveaways etc, there was in excess of 3500 people on site on Saturday and just over 2000 on Sunday as peope stayed in town due to the weather. This years sales are well ahead of last year, I hope this clarifies things for you-

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ergo

Great festival last year, hassle free, nice size, friendly crowd, close to town!

great line-up this year too :)

too many negative vibes on this thread, let's get back on topic maybe....

btw I am in no way connected with running any festival anywhere (for the record) either, but can't wait for this one...and it has Ireland's best band Delorentos so worth it for them alone tbh

Im not the head of Curve by the way, just post on here. I am involved though and glad to hear of the great feedback from many of you.

I think Delorentos are one if the most underrated bands in the country, they should be ginormous! I'm really looking forward to hopefully catching them, Reverend & the Makers and Alabama 3. I don't know much about the last two to be perfectly honest but feedback from their live shows is what caught the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Bad form of the Cork X Southwest promoters to join Boards.ie specifically to badmouth a rival festival though!! From a purely punters perspective, Cork X Southwest is €55 for ONE day, Indiependence is €79 for TWO days (3 nights camping) with a far superior line-up.

I know where I'l be this August bank-holiday weekend, and it won't be west Cork.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Fair enough. Then answer me this. Why did I read a post on some forum a couple of months ago by you that said you sold 3000 tickets approx in total. You see this is my reason for saying what I said first day. The inconsistency in your statements tell me you are a spoofer. If I am wrong then Im sorry for ever writing a word. Could you clarify this for me. And the "we" in the post I put up about cork x southwest is a west cork thing. "we" like to include ourselves in all thats good in the place. I did however work as a volunteer the two years i attended. Sadly i wont make it this year as i am out of the country. Fair point though mr. lebowski

Ok i'm a bit sick of your attitude here. First you say there was 2000 people at most then you say you read somewhere that 3000 tickets were sold. Well if you knew 3000 were sold then you were talking sh-te. Back up your claims from now on or else do not comment.

B***h fight ha?

can ye stop please.

So are the ads for Castlepalooza never ending or what? I think the lineup for Indiepependance is much better and Indiependance is also cheaper. I suppose Tullamore is more central though, more accessible. One other thing which I think is good in Castlepalooza which I would love to see at Indiependance is the couples package they have which is basically for 50 euro extra per person they get:
    pitched tent on arrival
    sleeping bags
    pillows and mats
    chocolates
    champagne

I think thats good and I would have gotten this package if it was available at Indiependance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork X Southwest 2010

Cork X Southwest promoters would like to disassociate themselves from the negative posts regarding indiependience 2010. This came to our attention today and we would like to categorically state that we have no idea who wrote that malicious rubbish, he/she does not represent us in any way and we would not engage in such childish behaviour as we would have little to gain by doing so. We have a very good name and would hate to think the actions of an individual could tarnish it. We work hard on our own event and realise that negative comments by people do not help in any way. If anyone wants further clarification please pm us as there will be no further post by us on the matter.
    Regards, Dermot on behalf of Corkxsw

mystic86 wrote: »

So are the ads for Castlepalooza never ending or what? I think the lineup for Indiepependance is much better and Indiependance is also cheaper. I suppose Tullamore is more central though, more accessible. One other thing which I think is good in Castlepalooza which I would love to see at Indiependance is the couples package they have which is basically for 50 euro extra per person they get:
    pitched tent on arrival
    sleeping bags
    pillows and mats
    chocolates
    champagne

I think thats good and I would have gotten this package if it was available at Indiependance.

When we put together the festival this year we considered something like this but I think at the end of the day people would rather money spent on the music at our end. Which is what we've done this year - over 120 acts over the weekend to catch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I was there last year, loved it had a great time . . . will be there again this year for sure!:)

Tickets should be arriving from today on now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Curve, do you have any idea what time the music is due to start at on the Saturday? Just wondering if we'd be better off coming down the Friday evening, we're travelling from Meath for it :)

It'll all kick off by 1pm. If you're coming down the Friday night the campsite will be open and there'll be bands in slot of the pubs in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

It'll all kick off by 1pm. If you're coming down the Friday night the campsite will be open and there'll be bands in slot of the pubs in the town

Brilliant thanks :D

Brilliant thanks :D

If the bands haven't started I'll let you sit in my car and listen to the stereo but all times etc will be posted over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

anyone know an easy way of gettin here from longford/weatmeath??

appreciated!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin added apparently.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thedosiletigh

Really have to see reverend and the makers at this, does anyone know if its sold out????? Can i still get tickets for INDIEPENDENCE 2010, sort of left it a bit late, but does anyone know?????

Advertisement