Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDIEPENDENCE 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Aphex Twin added apparently.
    Dunno where you've heard this, definitely not true.

Tickets still available online and should be available on the day I would imagine though can't guarantee it.

Meath/Longford? I'm stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

anyone know an easy way of gettin here from longford/weatmeath??

appreciated!:D

get into dublin and then get cork dublin bus, all buses go through mitchelstown. You can get aircoach or bus eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Longford - Galway (1hr)

Galway - Limerick (1.15hr)

Limerick - Mitchelstown via Hospital (40mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Planning to head down but have not got my ticket yet. If I order now does it require collection and where will that collection be?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

stmochtas wrote: »
    Planning to head down but have not got my ticket yet. If I order now does it require collection and where will that collection be?

was just about to ask the same question! so where is the pick up? is there one in dublin?

• Advertisement

From what i am told and i have it on good word that:

Ya there will be a ticket ofice for box office collection at enterence to the site. Will be sign posted etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

What Mr Mister said!! The organisers are saying on their facebook page that the box office collection point will be in the car park. The site is not that big so you wont have to walk far or anything..

And less than a week left.

Won't be able to answer too many questions for you good people over the coming week. I think we're experiencing the calm before the storm at the moment but I fully expect us to be shattered this time next week.

Site is coming together nicely, tents going up etc etc. Getting butterflies. See all of you next weekend.

Tick tock,tick tock,tick tock...

Countdown is on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

just won a free ticket on facebook happy out :D

• Advertisement

just won a free ticket on facebook happy out :D

Hahaha... K?

Can't wait for this now. My tickets are waiting to be picked up on site. All i have to buy now is a disposable bbq,food and alcohol..

Gonna be some weekend i tell thee;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

anyone know an easy way of gettin here from longford/weatmeath??

appreciated!:D

N52 to Tullamore, then head on to Port Laois and then Motorway all the way to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Will there be a wee dance tent there where one might their jive on?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

falan wrote: »
    Can't wait for this now. My tickets are waiting to be picked up on site. All i have to buy now is a disposable bbq,food and alcohol..

Gonna be some weekend i tell thee;)

will ya be allowed to bring a disposable bbq in?

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Will there be a wee dance tent there where one might their jive on?

Yes, I think the monster mash stage has a good few djs....Fish go deep,miss motif, wiggle, Dashka amongst others....Some good ones in there..
    Johnny86 wrote: »
    will ya be allowed to bring a disposable bbq in?

Yes, disposable ones only:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

How's the weather looking down in Mitchelstown? Hope it's not a bad as Clare/Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

How's the weather looking down in Mitchelstown? Hope it's not a bad as Clare/Limerick.

Showery but not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I'm 20miles from Mitchelstown, and it's drizzling but the clouds are starting to turn a lighter shade of grey and it seems to be brightening up!!

Met Eireann forecast for the weekend -

National Forecast

30 July 2010 08:48

Today
    Cloudy and misty this morning with scattered outbreaks of rain, heavy in places. Fog patches also with poor visibility. Clearer weather will develop this afternoon with sunny spells developing. Mild and humid with highest temperatures of 17 to 21 degrees.

Tonight

Clear spells tonight and a few scattered showers. Lowest temperatures 10 to 12 degrees.

Tomorrow

A fresh, breezy day on Saturday with sunny spells and showers. Highest temperatures 16 to 19 in a blustery westerly wind.

Outlook

Sunday will bring a few brighter spells but overall it'll be fairly cloudy. Some showers or scattered outbreaks of light rain are likely also. Winds will be light, westerly turning northwesterly. Highest temperatures will range 16 to 20 degrees. Sunday night should be mainly dry with clear spells leading to some mist and fog patches. Bank holiday Monday will start dry with some sunny spells but it will turn cloudier from the west during the day.

That'll do me!! Really can't wait for Indiependence, see you all there.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KnifeySpooney

Weather cleared in Mitchelstown, shaping up well for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wasn't it last year the weather was shocking, strong wind and rain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whats the weather like down there now?

Have rang around but all b&b's and hotels are booked out, if it's lashing I would have happily paid for the priviledge of a room to go back to!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

Can i just turn up here tomorrow lads and buy a day ticket on the door?

Wow, just wow. Am broken but it was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wow, just wow. Am broken but it was epic

what/who were the highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just back and have to say i really enjoyed the weekend. Small and intimate, if you didn't like a band it was only a short walk to another stage. Have to say kudos to the organizers they really found some terrific little known bands. In particular i thought Futures Apart and Planet Parade were fantastic. The camping was great craic, everyone was nice and very few scumbags which you get at the bigger festivals.

If the organizers read this i would just like to add a little constructive criticism. The festival could have been a lot better signposted from Mitchelstown. Being local i didnt have a problem finding the site but you wouldnt even know there was a festival on out the road if you were in the town centre.
    Security could have been a lot better too. Most people i talked to believed that the security presence could have been a lot better. Just as an example at the Super Extra Bonus Party gig a very drunk bollox (somepeople said he was an ex band member) got up on stage and harassed the band while they were playing and all the while security did nothing!:eek:
    Better disabled facilities are needed too. Met a man in a wheelchair and while the organizers looked after him well giving him free stuff it was mainly to compensate for the lack of facilities in place for him.

All in all a very enjoyable weekend. Can't wait for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Just back from it and all i can say is that it was epic. It's probably the friendliest festival i've been to and that's a great thing. The amount of banter and random chats you could have with people was wonderful!

There's was some great music too... personally i loved
    Riptide movement
    God is an Astronaut
    And so i watch from afar

A few minor compaints:
    -Agree with the post above about the lack of signs. It took me a while to figure out where all the stages actually were because it didn't seem to match up with the map on the website.
    -The water kept going off in the showers which was pretty annoying so i just gave up in the end

Prices of food and drink compared favourably against other festivals... 4.50e/pint, 6e for breakfast roll including tea. 5 euro for quarter pounder with cheese.

All in all it was just really good fun. Met some great people along the way. Fair play to the organisers, i thought they did a great job. The size of it was just about right too... nice and small so you didn't have to walk a mile to get around.

See you next year.:cool:

• Advertisement

Just starting to wind down.

We had a ball this weekend, mainly because of the wonderful crowd we had. Really thankful to all of ye. At too many festivals the punter is the lowest common denominator but I hope ye felt looked after. We're not in the business of ripping people off. I think a lot of punters arrive at festivals in Ireland with a bit of apprehension in that they're expecting to be fleeced.

Great to hear some criticism too, always welcome once it's constructive.

Showers.

Twelve were due to arrive, six showed up. If we'd had the two shower blocks we'd have been fine but we couldn't keep water running to them. Lesson learned.

Security

Our first year on that site so we just got the lay of the land. Lesson learned.

Signs

I guess subconsciously our internal compasses have been trained on that site with the last 12 months so we didn't expect anyone to not have an issue finding it. Lesson learned.

Advertisement