Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming mic for teamspeak

• 16-03-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I used to have a pretty decent 5.1 gaming headset back in the days of CS 1.6/CSS, but it's long since broken. Getting back into online multiplayer on the pc with BF:BC2 and i'm looking for a decent microphone.

Ideally i'm looking for something like the wireless Xbox 360 headset with the voice channel separated from the rest, leaving my 5.1 speakers handle the sfx and the headset deal with communications. Is this even possible on the PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

sink wrote: »
    I used to have a pretty decent 5.1 gaming headset back in the days of CS 1.6/CSS, but it's long since broken. Getting back into online multiplayer on the pc with BF:BC2 and i'm looking for a decent microphone.

I use a 2 euro mic for teamspeak and it's absolutely bang on. Seriously. :)
    sink wrote: »
    Ideally i'm looking for something like the wireless Xbox 360 headset with the voice channel separated from the rest, leaving my 5.1 speakers handle the sfx and the headset deal with communications. Is this even possible on the PC?

It's technically possible. Not sure if it's possible in windows though. I take it you're using windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I'm afraid no headset i know of does this at the moment, for the pc atleast. As khannie said a cheap mic from tescos will do you. But if you want something a bit better its really hard to fault the Creative, Logitech and Razer products out there. They range from 14euro to well over 300euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Khannie wrote: »
    I use a 2 euro mic for teamspeak and it's absolutely bang on. Seriously. :)

Is it one that sits on the desk? I would be worried about getting crosstalk. I like to turn up the volume so I can hear footsteps coming and so that loud explosions send out vibrations.
    Khannie wrote: »
    It's technically possible. Not sure if it's possible in windows though. I take it you're using windows?

Yeah, Windows 7. I have a X-Fi Fatality Gamer Edition sound card if that helps?

I'm afraid no headset i know of does this at the moment, for the pc atleast. As khannie said a cheap mic from tescos will do you. But if you want something a bit better its really hard to fault the Creative, Logitech and Razer products out there. They range from 14euro to well over 300euro.

OK so I guess I'm looking for a desktop mic. What mics good at eliminating background noise from the speakers. I have a budget of €30, but would be willing to stretch to €50 if the extra quality is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Mostly, your sound card will be able to handle this with the background noise cancellation feature of the X-fi's. One problem is, not many company's sell just desktop mic's these days. One option would be to use something like this;

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=328607

And just leave it on your desk, while only connecting the mic part of it, and for those late nihgt gaming sessions you can stick the headphone jack in so you dont keep anyone awake.

If you want something with better sound quality you really cant fault these:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=374800

I'm not a huge fan of the brand image, but the sound quality is very good. The only issue being that it is a usb only headset.

• Advertisement

Alright thanks for your help. Shame komplett don't sell desktop mics, would have bought from you guys. They do sell them on Amazon so will go there instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Here you go.

http://elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MMEB100200

You could pick it up at their depot and it'll cost you less then a tenner.

Advertisement