Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build Opinion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

CPU is fine, RAM is good enough, case is overpriced and has no window AFAIK so why the cathode? PSU also a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

were are you living op uk or ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Looks good to me. I wouldn't recommend cutting cost by using an antec 300. They can get pretty cramped, consider dropping down to a centurion 590 to drop the cost a bit if you want. It's the old slightly less shiny 690 but with pretty much identical interior design and space.

Sound cards in general are getting a little useless unless you are an audiophile. Most motherboards now come with pretty good integrated audio so you could save a good bit on dropping the sound card

In regards to the OC Genie feature, I believe several vendors have automated OC features now(Both hardware and software based) I havent heard anything bad about OC genie but do look around as other companies have similar features too, its a great idea and I see no reason not to try it out(Sure if it doesnt work you can always do some OCing yourself in the bios)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

massy086 wrote: »
    were are you living op uk or ireland

Living in ROI ( kilkenny) but gonna buy online depending on where i can get best value

Looks good to me. I wouldn't recommend cutting cost by using an antec 300. They can get pretty cramped, consider dropping down to a centurion 590 to drop the cost a bit if you want. It's the old slightly less shiny 690 but with pretty much identical interior design and space.

Sound cards in general are getting a little useless unless you are an audiophile. Most motherboards now come with pretty good integrated audio so you could save a good bit on dropping the sound card

In regards to the OC Genie feature, I believe several vendors have automated OC features now(Both hardware and software based) I havent heard anything bad about OC genie but do look around as other companies have similar features too, its a great idea and I see no reason not to try it out(Sure if it doesnt work you can always do some OCing yourself in the bios)

I been looking since and i can get the coolermaster on ebay for about 60 + postage and also from france similar price, i have heard that the antec was a little on the tight side but good cable management which is why i went with the cooler master initially. gonna have a look at the centurion 590. been looking at linustechtips and NCIXcom in you tube for tips and reviews and o/c tutorials etc

As for the sound card,

I dabble a bit in keyboards and song creation and wanted a good quality board for connecting to my pc eventually and had heard/ read that the sound from the asus way trumps that from the creative boards, there are speciality boards for studios but for me thats overkill.

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    CPU is fine, RAM is good enough, case is overpriced and has no window AFAIK so why the cathode? PSU also a bit pricey.

If u were choosing a psu would u goo with this type or a different make altogether, also would it be better to go for higher voltage if i wanna overclock!!!

There is a mismatch on the case and cathodes alright but was going thru my options on cases etc...also, have u used modular psu's and does it work out dearer from a cable point of view. i know its better for airflow in that u have less cables to get in the way and less unused cables etc

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

With a good case cable management shouldnt be an issue so as long as you're getting a good roomy case you shouldn't have to invest in a modular PSU.

The PSU is big enough for an i5 and 5870 or even two 5850s at a pinch. If you ever wanted to crossfire 5870s you would need something bigger, around 750 to 800W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

nah just watch the vat on overlockers they charge 21%irish vat

Advertisement