Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know?

• 16-03-2010 2:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hey, the lad I live with got in eircom broadband this morning, I havnt a clue what package it is and neither does he, on speedtest.net im getting speeds of about 1.91 download.

My question is what package are we on, and how mad can we go on the downloads, ie. whats our download cap?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thebanana wrote: »
    Hey, the lad I live with got in eircom broadband this morning, I havnt a clue what package it is and neither does he, on speedtest.net im getting speeds of about 1.91 download.

My question is what package are we on, and how mad can we go on the downloads, ie. whats our download cap?

Thanks.

It could be almost any package, if that's the line limit. Check the modem stats for the sync rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

thebanana wrote: »
    and how mad can we go on the downloads, ie. whats our download cap?

Thanks.
    it's said eircom don't enforce the cap, i find this true, i have often gone over 150 gigs a month, i'm on 50 gig allowance, nothing ever said !
    go here, 192.168.1.254 you should see your speed in down/up kbs format

NOW GO MAD... !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

some guy got charged 5000 apparently

according to eircon tech support anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

M cebee wrote: »
    some guy got charged 5000 apparently

according to eircon tech support anyhow

I can in fact confirm this....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I can in fact confirm this....

Eh yeah it was me! And I am not even with Eircom....

There should be a special urban myths forum where people could post to their heart's content all day every day about Eircom charging people outrageours amounts for huge downloads and leave the rest of us alone................:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hey, OP here, ive narrowed it down to either the 30 or 50 gig limit, which isnt much really considering I do a fair amount of streaming and use TPB quite a bit too, so I'm none the wiser, do I go absolutely mad and download 100GIGS or stick to say the 30?

Anyone any experience of Eircom charging for going over the cap? Not urban myths, actual experience.

Advertisement