Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HB Magnum Gold

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Had one of these on Sunday..was not overly impressed with it to be honest.In my opinion the HB range of Ice Creams don't seem to taste the same as they used to.The Magnum's taste very bland all of a sudden.Cheap tasting chocolate and very very plain tasting ice cream.Anyone agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Had one myself, thought it was bloody amazing tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tried a bite, outside chocolate is horrible IMO.

Wouldn't be going for one ever again to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Not impressed. Didn't mind the chocolate too much but the caramel inside wasnt nice; was more burnt toffee flavour than caramel and overpowered the whole thing. Wouldn't buy another.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

They are ok no great shakes.the new raspberry and chocolate cornetto's are not too bad,would go for one off them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Think they spent 4million on this thread!

Or the ad maybe.

Magnums were always the smug ice cream..thinking they could come along and replace the feast and cornetto as the high end ice cream.

Contains enough calories to keep a brontasauraus active for two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Not too impressed either.. much prefer the white chocolate one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm getting a bit bored by millions of different variations on Magnums. They should bring back some of the classics for a limited period instead; Sky, Chunky, Fresh, Kick etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Like seriously, why did they ever get rid of the Dark one??? Twas a total classic.

I'm getting a bit bored by millions of different variations on Magnums. They should bring back some of the classics for a limited period instead; Sky, Chunky, Fresh, Kick etc.
    hmmmmm dont remember any off them?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Like seriously, why did they ever get rid of the Dark one??? Twas a total classic.
    Still available afaik. Certainly is in Oz. Some shops might not sell it as its the least popular.

Classic, White, Mint, Dark, Coffee (columbia gold), Ego, Gold, Sanwich

Think thats the full range in the nearest petrol station.
    dubh101 wrote: »
    hmmmmm dont remember any off them?:confused:
    They weren't magnums, older ice creams since stopped by HB.
    Sky and chunky were bars. Dunno the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You can get a multipack that has the dark one in it.

The new gold one isn't great. The chocolate is quite milky and sweet. I prefer the darker taste of the normal Magnums. The ice cream and the caramel are sickly sweet. All in all not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

janeybabe wrote: »
    You can get a multipack that has the dark one in it.

The new gold one isn't great. The chocolate is quite milky and sweet. I prefer the darker taste of the normal Magnums. The ice cream and the caramel are sickly sweet. All in all not great.

Yup would agree with that

I tried one at the weekend and I wasn't overly impressed

Would have preferred a normal magnum and ahve to agree with the previous poster who said the quaility seems to have gone down in the normal magnum, the ice cream in them is more plain than it used to be

Mellor wrote: »
    Still available afaik. Certainly is in Oz. Some shops might not sell it as its the least popular.

Classic, White, Mint, Dark, Coffee (columbia gold), Ego, Gold, Sanwich

Think thats the full range in the nearest petrol station.

They weren't magnums, older ice creams since stopped by HB.
    Sky and chunky were bars. Dunno the rest
    oh right so:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I like the Almond Magnum, but it's still a lot to eat.
    Not really a fan of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh yea, forgot almond in my list too.
    I try not to eat them as c.300 cals is a lot (350+ for the ego and gold)
    but the y are sweet when you have a bad case of munchies

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I had one a few weeks back and it wasn't too bad. I think the sea salt-caramel or what was ment to be caramel was certainly strange tasting, but I'm not sure if I think it was a bad strange.. I polished it off either way, but that could have been down to it's price tag and the fact I missed dinner that evening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads I miss the one a few years ago,had a kinda almond and milk chocolate outside with vanilla ice cream on the inside with like raspberry ice cream. Anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Was it smaller than a normal Magnum? With amaretti biscuit pieces on the outside? I remember that. It was delicious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I miss the magnum double :(

It had chocolate, then a layer of caramel, then another layer of chocolate, and I think another layer of caramel, then it got to the ice cream... delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I loved the Magnum 7 Deadly Sins!

The pink one (lust?) was absolutely stellar.

Their 5 senses range was alright, but not as nice. :(

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 47 lilka

didnt like the magnum gold...too sweet i think...white and almond get my vote (suppose they're sweet too though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

janeybabe wrote: »
    Was it smaller than a normal Magnum? With amaretti biscuit pieces on the outside? I remember that. It was delicious. :)

I'm not sure janey,I didn't think it was? Perhaps it was,I'd love to remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

greetings wrote: »
    Lads I miss the one a few years ago,had a kinda almond and milk chocolate outside with vanilla ice cream on the inside with like raspberry ice cream. Anyone know it?

Magnum Ego

Anyone remember Magnum Cones?? They were huuugge!!:D

Advertisement