Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

hmm, just noticed that.. woops, fixed anywho.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Woops, fixed now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DCUfm

C&I result expected very soon.

Join us for a special edition of Studio One at 8pm on DCUfm for the latest. There's more on our liveblog at www.dcufm.com, and on Twitter (@DCUfm).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hate the amount of advertising on this board lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 supine

phasers wrote: »
    I hate the amount of advertising on this board lately.
    DCU Election Counting - Brought to you by Duracell

...cos it goes on and on and on and on and on and on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Collie Oliver won Campaigns and Information and Cillian Byrne Education and Welfare.

The Presidential count is still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Maybe the guys counting would like a cup of coffee or tea. Has anyone asked?

after counting first preferences, dave is only slightly ahead of megan with ciaran's seconds to be distributed. college view are predicting it for dave.

anyone know if that's based on tallies or just calling for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Quite a turnaround. They're calling it for Meg now, a lot of Ciaran's 2nd preferences seem to be going her way.

yeah, i expected that if either megan or ciaran were knocked out first that most of their 2nd's would go to each other. found it strange college view calling it for dave so early like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

There were rumours that Dave and Ciaran had a pact to give each other their No. 2s. Shows how much they feared Megan if true.

they are saying that she won by 65 votes - Which is interesting after the "incident" in the bar. This would have taken 65 votes from Dave.

On that note I also say MonaghanPenguin's response to what happened took 65 votes away from Dave - it certainly made me think twice.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

andyman wrote: »
    There were rumours that Dave and Ciaran had a pact to give each other their No. 2s. Shows how much they feared Megan if true.
    The fact that Meg got so much from Ciaran points to it it not being true surely

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

they are saying that she won by 65 votes - Which is interesting after the "incident" in the bar. This would have taken 65 votes from Dave.

On that note I also say MonaghanPenguin's response to what happened took 65 votes away from Dave - it certainly made me think twice.

Stupid comment to make. What about the behaviour of Daves campaign team during the debate in the Nubar? And Dave's inability to stop it? Guarantee he would have saved his campaign if he had told his team, there and then, to cut it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭argonaut

There's gonna be a recount tomorrow, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 themessishow

There has been a re-count called by Dave Doyle... Can't see the result changing... The margin is too large to claw back in my opinion...

Stupid comment to make. What about the behaviour of Daves campaign team during the debate in the Nubar? And Dave's inability to stop it? Guarantee he would have saved his campaign if he had told his team, there and then, to cut it out.

Andy -Read my comment correctly and you'll see that that's the exact point I was making.

Congratulations Meg.

I havn't been around college due to INTRA - does anyone know who the new SPC committee are for next year?

Maybe but I think again tonight his arrogance and stubbornness is coming out... I know his is entitled to a re-count but 76 votes( 92 if u include the change after 1st preferences) is insurmountable over the small number of transfers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I havn't been around college due to INTRA - does anyone know who the new SPC committee are for next year?

Not been voted on yet...afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Dave must be kicking himself right now. That debate really did him no favours.

Congratulations to Megan on winning :)

Yeah - I never met her before, but it will be a fresh start for the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

Yeah - I never met her before, but it will be a fresh start for the SU.

I met her before, she's hot.

Saw her dance in a hip-hop competition I worked at as well, she's hot.

Best hustings speech ever:

Who cares about this stupid election? We all know it doesn't matter who gets elected president of Carver. Do you really think it's going to change anything around here; make one single person smarter or happier or nicer? The only person it does matter to is the one who gets elected. The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their transcripts to get into college. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I will make is that if elected I will immediately dismantle the student government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid assemblies again!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

Didn't even need to take 65, only half of that - if he'd won 33 of those votes he'd be president. I know a few people whose votes changed because of that incident so I'd certainly agree that it was the key moment in his campaign.

As for the recount, well there's always a chance. There was a Humanities Convenor election not too long ago where a recount overturned a similar number after an error in counting was discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Congrats to Meg. While I think some of her policies are a bit iffy(clubs and socs buy one get one free) I think she will do the job quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lil_cain

Didn't even need to take 65, only half of that - if he'd won 33 of those votes he'd be president. I know a few people whose votes changed because of that incident so I'd certainly agree that it was the key moment in his campaign.

As for the recount, well there's always a chance. There was a Humanities Convenor election not too long ago where a recount overturned a similar number after an error in counting was discovered.

The swing in that was about 13 votes, iirc. You're never going to make back >1 bundle.

You have to understand that 65 votes came from second preference votes... You have to take into account what may happen when 1st preference votes are re-counted.. It is actually more than 65 when u consider she was dwn 16 prior to the elimination of Ciaran Hughes.. The realistic vote difference is 92 and in my opinion that insurmountable given that your relying on 2nd prefereneces..

Finally, Dave's vote were mainly affected by 1st preference votes not the transferred votes so Meg could still have won given that if you voted Ciaran, you were likely to vote Megan second given Dave treatment of Ciaran during the radio debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Garseys wrote: »
    Congrats to Meg. While I think some of her policies are a bit iffy(clubs and socs buy one get one free) I think she will do the job quite well.

I intend on fighting that policy from being brought in. :)

especially if she expects the money to come from the various clubs and socieites :)

Advertisement