Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Elections

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

lil_cain wrote: »
    The swing in that was about 13 votes, iirc. You're never going to make back >1 bundle.

Actually, in that election I went from losing by 17 votes to winning by 17 votes so it was a 34 vote swing. And it was on a 500 vote election. Factor in the count team being tired as the presidential race was called very late. If I'd been him I'd have called a recount too but it was always highly unlikely to change. If anything it looks like Megan's lead might be extended in the recount now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Meg takes it again, 968-880.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lil_cain

Carri wrote: »
    I intend on fighting that policy from being brought in. :)

especially if she expects the money to come from the various clubs and socieites :)

Aye. That's fine for the likes of drama, but most of the smaller societies couldn't afford it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

DCUfm were predicting a O'Riordan, Oliver, Byrne all day yesterday! Poor show by the College View! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭OrionsBelt

While i'm happy for Meg, I'd like to know why anyone voted for collie and especially Cillian. Maeve and Leeanne had some great ideas that would have really changed the SU and the college. instead we have a so so vice pres and totally disasterous choice for deputy. i had to John Murphy over a financial problem this year and he was so helpful. if i was to do the same thisyear.... what, a free hug.!!!!!! He did nothing campaign wise this week, while Leeanne seemed to be working her ass off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Good luck to Meg.

I dunno how she's gonna meet her promises: the carpark one will be next to impossible, not to mention reducing food costs on the canteen, but good luck to her anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

mehfesto wrote: »
    not to mention reducing food costs on the canteen

BOYCOTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

BOYCOTT

Worked a treat on spar two years ago.

No, wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

a 'so so' vice pres and 'totally disastrous' choice of deputy. You obviously do not know Oliver or Byrne. The positions are in very sound hands.

This. The SU is Cillian Byrne is all about. Done a serious amount of work for it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

It's a shame Cillian never got the chance to get the full presidential job, he was just unfortunate to have come up against a strong candidate last year. If he went for president again this year I would've voted for him above the 3 other candidates in an instant.

• Advertisement

Hate to be David Doyle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

Hate to be David Doyle. :pac:

Don't be a prick.

Fiftysix wrote: »
    Don't be a prick.

You should have told him that before the infamous debate. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

You should have told him that before the infamous debate. :pac::pac::pac:
    What exactly happened at the debate? I wasnt at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

What exactly happened at the debate? I wasnt at it....

Go to page ten... i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Josef Fritzl

andyman wrote: »
    There were rumours that Dave and Ciaran had a pact to give each other their No. 2s. Shows how much they feared Megan if true.

Stop spreading rumours like that. This is why I hate the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭blacon

Thats bull. If Dave and Ciaran had a pact for Number 2's, then why was Dave beaten solely on Ciaran's number 2s? He was winning on first preferences. Ciaran's supporters voted more Megan number 2, and it caused Dave to lose, so that pact rumour is ridiculous. Plus I was campaigning for Dave and at the pre-campaign meeting he told us specifically to avoid voicing opinions on either of the other candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

So after I got back from the cinema I called into the bar and couldn't help but voice, unfortunately a little hot headedly, my opinion to Dave. I think my exact words were that he was a disgrace. The reply of one of the aforementioned cronies? "Shut the f**k up and don't be so childish" and he also asked me if I would care to "step outside". Being that I was someone who was scheduled to sit at polling stations (I resigned after this incident) I plan to make a formal complaint about the intimidating behaviour of Dave's team.

Hahahaha, that's hilarious. Pity I didnt care to follow this thread, as I ended up voting for him due to being oblivious to it all.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Hate to be Dave Doyle. SUX TO BE HIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Hauk wrote: »
    Hate to be Dave Doyle. SUX TO BE HIM.

Not funny. Remember, we know where you live. Irssi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Stop spreading rumours like that. This is why I hate the internet.

I'm guessing you hate Real Life TM too?

Strangely enough you'll find people spread rumours there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Urizen wrote: »
    Not funny. Remember, we know where you live. Irssi.

Yep, and I'm there alllll the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gothamite

Apologies to anyone I whined at during the Presidential election about being quiet. I was really cranky at that point having been engrossed in electoral tomfoolery for over 14 hours.

At one point there was a drunk blonde giggling incessantly and I ended up citing off some section of the constitution that ended up making no sense because I got the numbers all wrong.

What I meant to say was "7.6.3.10". What I said was probably something like "7.5.3.4.10". Sorry about that, love.

Thanks to everyone who came and watched. A great day was had by all of the counters (and me), believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Gothamite wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who came and watched. A great day was had by all of the counters (and me), believe it or not.

Obviously because of the EPIC fort built in the SU, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gothamite

Urizen wrote: »
    Obviously because of the EPIC fort built in the SU, yeah?

Mainly. :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Hauk wrote: »
    Yep, and I'm there alllll the time.

LG125-52 ;)

Advertisement