Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 - Play.com for 32 euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Same as usual - wed afternoon / thursday morning for Friday releases.

and If I wanted to collect it on wednesday afternoon i'd have to pay you how much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Trust me, it aint the router. Its the line to our house.

Sure thing, just saying that comparing the pc version and ps3 version for me, the pc version gets far better connection quality.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

joconnell wrote: »
    Sure thing, just saying that comparing the pc version and ps3 version for me, the pc version gets far better connection quality.

That's because PSN is not involved. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like I'll be ordering from Gamesnash so.

A day early with free delivery and they accept paypal, unlike Amazon which is really crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Same as usual - wed afternoon / thursday morning for Friday releases. Depends on when the stock arrives. Of course it's in An Posts hands after that. :)

Google alerts + Boards.ie search FTW ! :D

Final Fantasy came a day late for me. Never forgive ye's! And don't go blaming An post. My whole family works there.

I'll trust you again for SSF4 though. Coz I'm a forgiving lad despite what I just said. Chalk Final fantasy up to it being released around a weekend. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I got sf4 a day early last year from gamenash so ill be going with them again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just about to place my order with Pat Gamesnash, should I go for standard shipping?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Sagat06 wrote: »
    and If I wanted to collect it on wednesday afternoon i'd have to pay you how much :D

Sorry that would be priceless. Can't break release date like that :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Final Fantasy came a day late for me. Never forgive ye's! And don't go blaming An post. My whole family works there.

I'll trust you again for SSF4 though. Coz I'm a forgiving lad despite what I just said. Chalk Final fantasy up to it being released around a weekend. :p

I completely and utterly blame your whole family for the debacle. We shipped on time ! :D

Looks like I'll be ordering from Gamesnash so.

A day early with free delivery and they accept paypal, unlike Amazon which is really crap.

I have to say that we don't promise delivery a day early. It would get us into a lot of trouble if we did. If this happens though we blame Kirbys family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Okay, you ship it to get it to your customers by release day, but An Post are just so awesome that it sometimes gets there sooner.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just about to place my order with Pat Gamesnash, should I go for standard shipping?
    Personal choice. If you're in a major urban area you should be ok with the standard shipping. Explanation here.

Okay, you ship it to get it to your customers by release day, but An Post are just so awesome that it sometimes gets there sooner.

That's about spot on :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Oooh. Now that I think of it I still have a Gamesnash voucher from Eirtakon, time I put that yoke to some use!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

same here, SF3 CHAMP yeah
    finally playing games played off, slightly.

Personal choice. If you're in a major urban area you should be ok with the standard shipping.
    I'm not really. I'll be shipping to just outside Ennis. I really don't want this to be late, so would I definitely get it on the the Friday, never mind the day early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Placebo wrote: »
    same here, SF3 CHAMP yeah
    finally playing games played off, slightly.
    Well, it made buying more games slightly less expensive at least.

I'm not really. I'll be shipping to just outside Ennis. I really don't want this to be late, so would I definitely get it on the the Friday, never mind the day early?

The only way we can give you any guarantee is with express post as the delivery choice but at the same time the vast majority of standard post will get there at same time. If the peace of mind is worth it to you then go for the express option - it's just with the game being that much cheaper than normal it's quite a high percentage to be adding on for express post. Then again suppose you could argue express post is easier to pay for with a cheap game. :)

The only way we can give you any guarantee is with express post as the delivery choice but at the same time the vast majority of standard post will get there at same time. If the peace of mind is worth it to you then go for the express option - it's just with the game being that much cheaper than normal it's quite a high percentage to be adding on for express post. Then again suppose you could argue express post is easier to pay for with a cheap game. :)
    Might just get it in a shop in that case. Thanks anyway man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I got it a day early with them last year, will be doing the same. Btw any pre-order deals going ? :p

Also @ OP thats pretty expensive for play when it'd like 35 in shops. Normally play is about 15-20 euro cheaper. But you always have to wait 2-3 weeks.

I ordered arcade stick stuff from Korea and that arrived in a week. :rolleyes:

Yet play are only across the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But Play.com have sucked for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I dunno, I'll probably drop into town to get it. Online sites are fine, but with something as important as this, the risk that the postman will be hit by lightning caused by meteors is far too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Right so. We'll all order off Gamesash, and if it doesn't come, everyone to Dunjohn's gaff!

• Advertisement

Might just get it in a shop in that case. Thanks anyway man :)

How about you hedge your bets. ;) Order it from us. If it doesn't arrive by the time the postman lands on Friday go off and buy it in a shop. Post the receipt back to us along with our game when it arrives and we will credit your account with the cost of the game and the postage.

Obviously we don't expect to have to do this but it's an option for those who are afraid of meteorite showers on the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ordered from Gamesnash. :)

Now hurry up April 30th

How about you hedge your bets. ;) Order it from us. If it doesn't arrive by the time the postman lands on Friday go off and buy it in a shop. Post the receipt back to us along with our game when it arrives and we will credit your account with the cost of the game and the postage.

Obviously we don't expect to have to do this but it's an option for those who are afraid of meteorite showers on the day. :D
    Damn it, you've got spunk kid, I like your style! K, you're on!

Seeing as how we are all getting it from there anyway, maybe we should combine our order and get it in bulk for a discount! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Does anyone play this on ps3??? why 360 so popular

Kirby wrote: »
    Seeing as how we are all getting it from there anyway, maybe we should combine our order and get it in bulk for a discount! :p

Hey if you want us to ship them all to you and let you post them out from yours discount won't be a problem :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone play this on ps3??? why 360 so popular

Its better on 360, less connection issues and way more people playing on there.

indeed. The bigger the playerbase , the better the experience. You don't have to wait for games and you aren't forced to play somebody with a poor connection due to being desperate for a game.

I have a ps3 but didn't bother getting it on it. No point. Belter of a console and well worth getting for the exclusives. But when it comes to multiplayer games you are better off getting a game on the PC or 360 if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

For a game of this awesomeness, I'd rather pay the extra fiver and get it on time,rather than sweating it out hoping it'll be delivered. I heard it's supposed to be 30 Euro retail anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I dunno, I'll probably drop into town to get it. Online sites are fine, but with something as important as this, the risk that the postman will be hit by lightning caused by meteors is far too great.

come on !!!!
    seriously ???

everyone needs to calm down.

Advertisement