Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NERA & unpaid wages

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

A quick question. I submitted a query to the National Employment Rights Authority by using the form on their website on 15th Feb. I got a automated reply saying that they´d reply within 15 days. I still haven´t heard anything from them.

Are they on a work to rule and not answering their emails?

My question was how to go about getting unpaid wages of nearly €8k. Unfortunately, it's a very sticky and complicated situation. I thought that NERA would be able to point me in the right direction, but maybe they think I'm a lost cause!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ring them and inquire as to the status of your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

NERA will advise you to submit a Non Payment of Wages form to the Rights Commission who will setup a hearing and decide if your boss has breached an Employment Law or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

Wink wrote: »
    Hi all,

A quick question. I submitted a query to the National Employment Rights Authority by using the form on their website on 15th Feb. I got a automated reply saying that they´d reply within 15 days. I still haven´t heard anything from them.

Are they on a work to rule and not answering their emails?

My question was how to go about getting unpaid wages of nearly €8k. Unfortunately, it's a very sticky and complicated situation. I thought that NERA would be able to point me in the right direction, but maybe they think I'm a lost cause!

would love to hear an update on this - if they were on a work to rule especially hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wink

Hey,

I gave NERA a ring. They aren't answering emails because of industrial action. I would go on a rant, but there's no point.

Anyway, I asked the girl who answered the phone for advice and she explained the situation.

The next step is to try to sort this awful situation out in some sort of amicable way. I'm going to email my former employer, I have no idea what to say yet.

What a start to a Monday eh? :mad: and :( in equal measures.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 negative equity

Hi I was wondering how you were getting on with your claim for wages. I am in a similar position and have enlisted the help of a solicitor, he reckons i will have no problem winning my case and getting an award, however enforcing payment after the award could be tricky.
    I would love to hear from anyone in the same position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In the same position of you guys, 15 weeks unpaid now, NERA paid a visit here but they can't do anything really.
    In the end its the rights commissioner or a solicitor which will need to sort this out. He is trying to get funding but as this happens I am drowning in bills! :(

Advertisement