Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Crash Today

• 16-03-2010 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

when i woke up my broadband speed was terrible...on ps3 i cant get into a game at all and when i join friends games its unplayable, this speed drop came outa nowhere today, anyone else experiencing this?...people on my street havent got this problem seems to be just me:confused:i havent been messing with setting or anyhting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David55

marko91 wrote: »
    when i woke up my broadband speed was terrible...on ps3 i cant get into a game at all and when i join friends games its unplayable, this speed drop came outa nowhere today, anyone else experiencing this?...people on my street havent got this problem seems to be just me:confused:i havent been messing with setting or anyhting!
    Well i had to ring them on friday just gone to get my wifi strenght up and when we wrang them they said that there is faults. Personaly I hadnt knowticed anything. How ever I do hate them and wish I could move to NTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Mine went just for about 5 minutes and when it came back on I had gone from my line syncing @ 13635 kbs to 9725 kbps now.

I called tech support and they tested my line and modem.
    I am really pissed off as now I can only sync @ 9725 kbps from 13635 kbs .

I am supposed to be on a 15mb profile andc they had changed me down to 10mb.

I am really annoyed now as there seems to have been an outage and they made me go through all the plug your modem in/out,take out all the dsl filters crap.

Speeds better improve tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i'm gone from 7meg down to less than 1 meg for 4 days.

they're looking into it

eircom tech support seems pretty useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

mine is back to normal, well ps3 is grand i havent done a speedtest yet but it seems to be back to normal hope everyone else'es is too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

ok back to impossible speeds while everyone else is grand, didnt mess with any settings again...bloody joke it is im gona set to changing broadband providers its a joke to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement