Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet problems after neutering

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My Mother has a Bichon Frise and he is a year old.

He was neutered last week and since then he has had at least one wee "accident" everyday this week.

He is still on the same toilet break schedule but has peed in the house a few times now.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
    Could it be something to do with the neutering?

Thanks for any replies.

Jay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blaagirl

Hi Jay

Got my dog neutered last week too. She had one toilet accident when I brought her back from vet but I think it was cos she was a bit confused and scared after the anaesthetic. No problems since then so I dont think its normal to have so many accidents. Prob best to ring the vet and ask if its worthwhile bringing him back in to be checked. Hope he's better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The anaesthetic can play a little bit of havoc in their systems. Also, if he's on antibiotics or anything, this can cause him to drink more, and consequently pee more.

As above, it's worth double checking with the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

I have the same problem, my dog was neutered yesterday, and since then he'd peed in the house 3 times. He gave no warning, he would usually bark to be let out. Its like he's just lost control of his bladder. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Since my last post he has has another 2 accidents! I did a bit of research and its possible he could have a UTI, I'm gonna bring him to the vets tomorrow to get him checked out.

Advertisement