Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some advice please

• 16-03-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi people with knowledge!!

Im so sorry to be bugging you with this question, im sure you are sick of reading it, but I am so frustrated looking at cameras and trying to decide on which one,

I do know what I am looking for in a camera so you might be able to advise me please on which brand or model.

im an amatuer, Here is my requirements:

12x optical zoom (or even more)
    Dual image stabilisation
    High speed shooting
    Built in flash
    Red eye reduction/correction
    shoot in Black and white (not essential)

Budget is up to €400 (but preferably less, as im only starting out!)

I have looked at the following:
    SamsungWB5000
    Fujifinepix S2500HD
    Olympus SP290uz
    Nikon Coolpix P100

Thanks for you help

Lateron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lateron

I have checked out this site and have narrowed it down to the following 3 as per their site.

Olympus SP-800 UZ
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
    Olympus SP-590 UZ

Would you recommend any of these?

Thanks

Lateron

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lateron

Thanks Daire,

As per this site I have chosen 3.

The olympus sp800uz has come up for me a couple of times, What do you think of this brand?

Thanks

Lateron

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

your best bet is to go and have a heft of the cameras, the way the camera feels in your hand is not something the reviews on the sites will be able to impress upon you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

lateron wrote: »
    Thanks Daire,

As per this site I have chosen 3.

The olympus sp800uz has come up for me a couple of times, What do you think of this brand?

Thanks

Lateron

Olympus are proper camera makers and their ultrazoom models have always been highly regarded.

I'd recommend using flickr's camera finder page, click on the model you fancy and see if it can produce the quality you want in the type of situations you think you might be using it in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement