Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Way to Upload to Flickr

• 16-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

I have a Flickr Pro Account Both the online uploader and the stand alone upload tool have become ridiculously slow over the past 2 years or so.

Images that upload to other sites in seconds, take minutes on Flickr.
    Is there any quicker way of uploading? I know there's loads of third party plugins and programs. Are any of these any faster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I have used the flickr email service in the past, depending on your connection to your email server, it can be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Might be your internet connection. When I upload stuff while in work it takes no time but if I tried on a local wi-fi connection I use at home then I'd be waiting ages for 1 picture to upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I don't think that's it. I can upload photos to other sites at home in no time.

I tried to upload 8 photos today, total size 12mb. After half an hour, it was on 33%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Blisterman wrote: »
    I don't think that's it. I can upload photos to other sites at home in no time.

I tried to upload 8 photos today, total size 12mb. After half an hour, it was on 33%.

When I have issues uploading on my laptop on the wi-fi connection I use the basic uploader and it is much quicker. For some reason the Pro uploader takes ages/times out - but this is a net connection issue for me. It's nice and speedy but it's a shared home one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no speed issues here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I also often end up using the basic uploader over my internet connection at home. I have a particularly slow connection at home however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Try juploadr. I don't know if your problems are network or uploader related, but I've never had problems uploading using it, and I'd upload 3 or 4 images at a time, each one about 10->15mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If your upload speed is faster on other sites then try emailing the photos to your Flickr upload email address: http://www.flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

Have not experienced any speed issues.
    I use Postr on Debian linux for uploading to Flickr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just downloaded jUploadr, and it seems to be much faster than Flickr Uploader. Thanks DaireQuinlan.

I'm trying to upload all how ever many thousand of my photos on my computer onto Flickr, so this will save me hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sounds like your connection was hindered, or restricted. Do you have a cap on your IP? DO you download loads and never check to see if you've gone over? Most IPs will choke your connection if you go over their strict caps.

I'm on Digiweb 8mb, which has a normal cap of 30GB p.m continuous. I pay extra to get that up to 40GB because I download a lot of US series and movies.

I uploaded almost 30mb pics to flickr last night and it only took about 5 minutes.

Advertisement