Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Green Leisure Breaks Deal!!!

Options
  • 16-03-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My husband has been collecting tokens with Apple Green for a leisure break. You are given a card and it is stamped for every 10euro of fuel you buy. When you have 50 stamps you pay 19.99 in an apple green station and receive a voucher for a 3 night leisure break for 2 people in various hotels. Sounds great value;)

Be warned!!! in order to avail of this you must spend 59 euro per person per night of your stay on food in the hotel. In other words you must have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and must spend at least 59 euro each. So if 2 poeple go for 3 nights you pay - the initial 19.99 to Apple Green and at least 354 to the hotel....... Not such a good deal seen as a large number of hotels around the country are giving 2/3 night B&B with an envening meal for 99 euro each. None of the details where on the loyalty card, only that you had to have breakfast and dinner in the hotel.

Needless to say, neither myself or my husband will be giving Apple Green any more business....total rip off, all information should have been advertised!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

This is a great bargain alert,Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Mrs Magoo wrote: »
    My husband has been collecting tokens with Apple Green for a leisure break. You are given a card and it is stamped for every 10euro of fuel you buy. When you have 50 stamps you pay 19.99 in an apple green station and receive a voucher for a 3 night leisure break for 2 people in various hotels. Sounds great value;)

Be warned!!! in order to avail of this you must spend 59 euro per person per night of your stay on food in the hotel. In other words you must have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and must spend at least 59 euro each. So if 2 poeple go for 3 nights you pay - the initial 19.99 to Apple Green and at least 354 to the hotel....... Not such a good deal seen as a large number of hotels around the country are giving 2/3 night B&B with an envening meal for 99 euro each. None of the details where on the loyalty card, only that you had to have breakfast and dinner in the hotel.

Needless to say, neither myself or my husband will be giving Apple Green any more business....total rip off, all information should have been advertised!!:mad:

Have you brought this up with Apple Green?

I have a card with 50 stamps on it which I was planning to use towards a break over the summer. Just tried ringing Leisure Breaks NI to enquire about how much it would cost to book somewhere but they finish at four.

The loyalty card only states that you have to pay for breakfast & dinner and doesn't mention anything about a minimum amount per person per day.

I won't be impressed if all the terms are not on the card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I don't know how to link it, but there is a long thread on this in consumer issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dinkie wrote: »
    I don't know how to link it, but there is a long thread on this in consumer issues.

Click Link

I'd steer clear tbh, you'll get a better deal by going to the hotel yourself or by using booking.com or 1800hotels.com.

Nearly a full show of Joe Duffy's Liveline was dedicated to how crap a deal this was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mrs Magoo wrote: »
    total rip off

Moved to Rip off ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 innate4

I don't know if this is the relevant place but it does relate to deals with Apple Green. Recently I received a €5 voucher (for use in Apple Green stores) by post. This seemed like a kind seasonal gesture until I noticed that 1175 points had been 'redeemed' from my account. When I pointed this out to them they said that I was at liberty to return the voucher and the points would be re-applied to my account.
    The issue for me is that they just redeemed my points without my permission. Maybe there is some reference to this in their terms and conditions which I have missed but it does not appeal to me it I am saving points for something and they can be redeemed without my knowledge by the company (imagine if Dunnes or Tesco did this). Also €5 for 1175 points seems particularly stingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its in the T&Cs: https://rewards.applegreen.ie/member/Terms

Their points are worth about .4c making it 1.6% on shop purchases which isn't particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 innate4

Thanks for that MYOB. However, I don't shop in the store because of the relatively high prices. I just get petrol and I believe you only get one point per litre which on my last visit was about €1.50 so I get 0.4 cent per €1.50 spend rather than 1.6c per Euro in the shop.
    This makes it 0.3% (rounded up) on petrol purchase. You could make the same saving (without having to wait to amass points or get voucher) by going to a garage which sells its petrol just half a cent cheaper (what to speak of one cheaper still).
    Really though I was collecting points for an advertised product so getting an unsolicited redemption through the voucher was annoying and I'm not about to post it back for my points to be put back on.
    I do like your mathematical breakdown and appreciate the chance to engage in working out the value of points.

Advertisement