Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Stubborn Wallpaper

• 16-03-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am looking for some advice on removing stubborn wallpaper please. I have removed the wallpaper and am now left with glued paper part underneath. This is impossible to get off... Can someone recommend a 'home made' solution? I am trying to keep cost at a minimum. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

A steamer from Homebase or B&Q, or hire one from a tool hire firm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,617 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Use a large sponge or roller to soak a section well with water (hot/warm water for preference), leave it to soak in while you wet the next bit, then come back and it should be soft enough to scrape off quite easily. You might need to rewet it. You should be able to work round in sections (about a wallpaper strip width at a time). The trick is to leave it long enough to soak through but not so long that it dries out again.
    You can get a machine that will steam it, but if you have already removed the top layer you should be able to get the rest off fairly easily.
    Get a wide scraper and use it flat, be careful not to dig the corners into the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

soak in warm water.let it have enough time and it should lift offwith a goood quality scraper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

a small sprinkle of paste in the warm water above will help it to stay on the area your dampening down, steamers are grand for solid walls but will crack partition wall plaster...

Advertisement