Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Meet up; this Friday April 9th in the Cottage Bar

Options
  • 16-03-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Finally, the time has come.

Gonna post dates, and as suggested by other boardsies we include Thursdays.

All ladies welcome, 99% of us won't know anyone else anyway so we'll all be in the same boat.

*Posted twice but forgot poll last time can mods delete? Thanks!

When and where 51 votes

Thursday 25th March
    0%
    Thursday 1st April
    3%
    Xineyhairyfairy00 2 votes
    Thursday 8th April
    9%
    XineymoonflowerhyperbabyCarolyynmims_lally 5 votes
    Friday 9th April
    9%
    Xineymoonflowerjenny4385Acoshlashigg 5 votes
    The Cottage Bar, Salthill for tapas, drinks and chat
    31%
    Wompa1XineyBeetlebummoonflowerGibbins123galwaybabeMrs OBumbleLadyMayBelleAcoshlaKittyeeTrixkatiethescotbrainyneuronMagicM83FifibellajanesafDutchess 16 votes
    Bowling and possible drinks after
    33%
    XineyBeetlebumPembilymoonflowerMrs OBumbleLadyMayBelleAcoshlaKittyeeTrixshiggkatiethescotgeekychickCarolyynMagicM83GalwaymotherFifibellaDutchessnishta 17 votes
    None of these float my boat
    11%
    hairyfairy00Gibbins123galwaybabebrainyneuronFifibellanishta 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I've never been out with boards before so I won't know anyone but I love the Cottage and I love tapas so that'd get my vote.

The 9th of April would work for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Great idea! Voted for the 9th April but could do the Thursdays too if one of those dates is the most popular (would prefer a Fri or wkend as I'm in rehersals Tues and Thurs nights.)
    Am assuming the first date should be March? Sorry!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm in!

And if any ladies from the east want to share a taxi there & back pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katiethescot

i've never been to cottage bar but the idea of tapas, drink and chat! plus, might be slighter cheaper than bowling - recently lost my job so living on a budget :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm in !

i've never been to cottage bar but the idea of tapas, drink and chat! plus, might be slighter cheaper than bowling - recently lost my job so living on a budget :(

damn - that's terrible :(

I'm kind of a veteran of the cheap night out at this stage. Pint of water with a splash of black currant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Xiney wrote: »

I'm kind of a veteran of the cheap night out at this stage. Pint of water with a splash of black currant!

I'm going all out. Sprite with a dash of blackcurrant !

well for some!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well I'm just back from a heavy night out, three pints of blackcurrant, no less! Lets get some more people to do the poll, looking forward to this I have to say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Are non boardsies welcome? Herself is from abroad and always likes meeting Irish people, might have an interest in coming along...

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Are non boardsies welcome? Herself is from abroad and always likes meeting Irish people, might have an interest in coming along...

Of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Brilliant to see all the interest in the poll, we should have a good night! Many thanks again to Lady P.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Thursday 8th April
    I'm up for going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

That sounds great, Friday the 9th sounds good :D

Good stuff. It's looking likely it's the Cottage bar for nibbles and drinks. nice timing too, my boy will be away starting work in London and I'll be missing him that weekend, plus I'll have just handed in two horrible essays:)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I only joined today so might not go to this one:o. But I'll be keeping an eye out for future meets.

Well, if you change your mind you're welcome to tag along - none of us really know each other anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

cheers Xiney, I will keep it in mind.

9th, cottage bar...what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

all sounds good ladies.. im all up for it !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'll make the pilgrimage from my rural part of the county for this! Can't wait to get me some chips with chilli mayo in the Cottage, had a going away party there before I moved abroad and ate myself to death on them, I won't subject all you strangers to seeing that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Spadina wrote: »
    I'll make the pilgrimage from my rural part of the county for this! Can't wait to get me some chips with chilli mayo in the Cottage, had a going away party there before I moved abroad and ate myself to death on them, I won't subject all you strangers to seeing that :P

That chili mayo is amazing! I figured out how to make it, which was probably a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

moonflower wrote: »
    That chili mayo is amazing! I figured out how to make it, which was probably a bad idea

Well, see, I know the owners and once asked for loads of recipes, I regretted that when I realised how fat it would make me :o

Looks like April 9th and the Cottage Bar is a winner. I'll leave the poll up a little longer but unless something drastic happens we'll go with the plan..

Should we say anytime between 8-8:30pm for meet up?
    People have the choice of tea/coffees or alcoholic beverages as well as tapas, nice, a little pricey but yum!
    Debating reserving some seats as it is a friday night and busy, is that a bit much?

http://www.winefoodbeer.com/Cottage-Salthill.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Lady Pennyworth,

you should deffo reserve the separate room to the left side from the entrance that our Book Club uses on Tuesdays. It is made for gatherings such as this (as long as it's not running to dozens of people...), we are very happy with it.

I may join you, actually! :D

geekychick wrote: »
    Lady Pennyworth,

you should deffo reserve the separate room to the left side from the entrance that our Book Club uses on Tuesdays. It is made for gatherings such as this (as long as it's not running to dozens of people...), we are very happy with it.

I may join you, actually! :D

Do for sure geeky chick!

Cottage Bar are kindly reserving two tables (for about 8-12 people I said) for us on that Friday at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tutubilady

sounds good!:)

(Maybe mods you can change the title of the sticky and merge these?)

The time has come, and the meet up will happen from 8pm on Friday 9th (this Friday) in the Cottage Bar in Salthill.

Info of the place:
    http://www.winefoodbeer.com/Gallery.aspx?location=Cottage-Salthill

It's on street parking for those wanting to drive.
    They have kindly reserved two tables but will ring me tomorrow to ask for numbers. I had said roughly 8-12 people...but let me know here if you could..

And for those of ye thinking 'oh will I?' or 'I don't know anyone, it's a bit weird'..sure it is but feck none of us know anyone else, and it's a nice shiny public place :)

So who's definetly coming? Oh, yes, I am :)

• Advertisement

Chance would be a fine thing..

Advertisement