Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Swords

Options
  • 16-03-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question here lads. I'm not long living out here. I've been going to my old barbers since i got here but he closed down recently.

Just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good place in Swords. The thing is the way I get my haircut isn't rocket science, 3 back and sides and I have it spiked in the middle, but it amazes me how many barbers are capable of fcuking this request up.

Seems a lot of places only know how to shave heads and nothing more. I'd be appreciative if anyone can steer me in the right direction. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

The Barber Shop in the Town Centre Mall is good. I've only been there twice, I usually go to my local Barber in Malahide but they were grand both times I went there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Yeah, the town centre mall is definitely the best of a bad bunch. You could always take the easy way out and stop cutting your hair. I done it years ago and have probably saved a fortune by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What about Kevin above Howards Hardware on the Rathbeale Road. (opposite JC's).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

There seems to be about 10 barbers in Swords now!

I go to the fella beside the pound shop on Main street, friendly bloke does a good job. I get a fairly straight forward haircut and I'm usually in and out very quickly.

I used to go to 'Micks' beside the Wise Owl or what ever that was called. One day the girl looked us in by accident so it kinda rocked my confidence in her as a hairdresser :O.

I got my haircut a few times in the opposite mall but always found I was waiting ages in there.

Never been in the one on 'north street' or the one at the opposite end towards the Lord Mayors (opposite side of street).

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Yeah, the town centre mall is definitely the best of a bad bunch. You could always take the easy way out and stop cutting your hair. I done it years ago and have probably saved a fortune by now...

If you stopped cutting your hair years ago how exactly would you know that the town centre mall barber is the best of a bad bunch? If you haven't had your haircut in any of these places in years how can you make a judgement

Thanks for the advice the rest of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Never been in the one on 'north street' or the one at the opposite end towards the Lord Mayors (opposite side of street).

The guy who works in there is pretty good. It's over a tenner for the cut but he takes his time and goes into the smaller details and is willing to take instruction for particular haircuts. You don't feel like you're being rushed out so he can move on to the next. Rarely too big a queue as people are probably put off by the price. Not so sure about the two women who work there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

S23 - You owe stopusingoil an apology. While he may not have had his hair cut for some time he made the effort to post & give you his opinion on past experience. Lose the attitude.

HB

Absolutely not. I in no way insulted anyone. I'm asking how he can give an opinion on all the new barber shops in Swords if he hasn't, by his own admission, had his haircut in years.

Also, I didn't insult him in anyway. I asked a quite simple and relevant question in realtion to the post. I can assure you I'm not the one with the 'attitude' here.

S23 wrote: »
    I'm asking how he can give an opinion on all the new barber shops in Swords if he hasn't, by his own admission, had his haircut in years.
    Maybe he's offering his opinion his mates' hairdos & get their hair cut there?

Yep that would be fair enough. If thats the case then I can't argue. The thing is that there generally seems to be a sense that there isn't a huge amount of confidence in the barbers out here! So i want to do my best to get all the info evaluate who I go to so I don't end up with another GI Joe buzzcut :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

The Polish dudes give a good CUT and only charge 6 euro. They're on Main Street near the Euro shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Just a quick question here lads. I'm not long living out here. I've been going to my old barbers since i got here but he closed down recently.

Just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good place in Swords. The thing is the way I get my haircut isn't rocket science, 3 back and sides and I have it spiked in the middle, but it amazes me how many barbers are capable of fcuking this request up.

Seems a lot of places only know how to shave heads and nothing more. I'd be appreciative if anyone can steer me in the right direction. Cheers
    i get mine cut in daves barbers shop on the main st upstairs from the ebs (i think).he does a good job,is freindly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Don3556

There's a tiny little barber shop down the lane at the side of McNanara's chemist in Main St. Afternoon, midweek, walk in hardly ever a queue. Good cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Absolutely not. I in no way insulted anyone. I'm asking how he can give an opinion on all the new barber shops in Swords if he hasn't, by his own admission, had his haircut in years.

Also, I didn't insult him in anyway. I asked a quite simple and relevant question in realtion to the post. I can assure you I'm not the one with the 'attitude' here.

Well actually, the way you rounded off your post by saying 'Thanks for the advice the rest of you' was pretty insulting, as I am sure was your intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Well actually, the way you rounded off your post by saying 'Thanks for the advice the rest of you' was pretty insulting, as I am sure was your intention.

Why did you drag this thread back up 3 months later to say that?

Anyway OP hope you found a good Barber in Swords.

If either of you have a problem with a post - use the report post button & let a mod deal with it.

Next time it will be infractions for back seat modding.

Thanks,

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Sorry for resurrecting this, but i'm wondering if there's a barbers that opens late around swords or even fingal? It's a nightmare trying to get an hour off work to get the mop chopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

the fella beside blacktie, up the stairs, is open a bit later on a thursday. I THINK. it might be another day he's oopen late.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The barbers on Main street beside the unlocking phone shop is open on Sundays if you're stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Smashin! thanks folks. I'm starting to look like cousin It from the Adams Family!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chicozena

If your kooking for a late barbers try the styleclub barbers ,in the pavillion ,there open 3 late nights and i tink its wed,thurs and friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

How's the barber down there by Swords castle?

(Is he the reason why they can't demolish that row of buildings and get on with the restoration of the castle itself I wonder? In which case he must be something special...:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

chicozena wrote: »
    If your kooking for a late barbers try the styleclub barbers ,in the pavillion ,there open 3 late nights and i tink its wed,thurs and friday

Yeah i've been there twice now, I'd prefer it to merchant barbers in town now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

T-Maxx wrote: »
    How's the barber down there by Swords castle?

(Is he the reason why they can't demolish that row of buildings and get on with the restoration of the castle itself I wonder? In which case he must be something special...:D)

He's keeping well, I saw him only the other night and he was in great form ;)

I see he's doing cuts from €5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭superd1978

Hi guys.. ive lost my job recently, and currently looking to open a barbers in or around swords area.. sounds like the main street and mall etc have well enough barbers as it is.. Can anyone advise if there are any other potential areas / estates in swords that could benefit from a barbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

superd1978 wrote: »
    Hi guys.. ive lost my job recently, and currently looking to open a barbers in or around swords area.. sounds like the main street and mall etc have well enough barbers as it is.. Can anyone advise if there are any other potential areas / estates in swords that could benefit from a barbers?

Applewood used to have a Barbers in the back of the Hairdressers but since the Hairdressers closed there is no longer any Barber in Applewood.

When the Barber was open it always seemed to have a good turnover as whenever I went there was always somebody in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Sorry for resurrecting this, but i'm wondering if there's a barbers that opens late around swords or even fingal? It's a nightmare trying to get an hour off work to get the mop chopped!

Thje barber in the pavillions(were the 3g shop used to be) is very good and they open on a Sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

celticbest wrote: »
    Applewood used to have a Barbers in the back of the Hairdressers but since the Hairdressers closed there is no longer any Barber in Applewood.

When the Barber was open it always seemed to have a good turnover as whenever I went there was always somebody in front of me.

See Pure Escape has also closed down recently in Applewood. There are about 6 empty premises there now, the rents must be very high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

PWEI wrote: »
    See Pure Escape has also closed down recently in Applewood. There are about 6 empty premises there now, the rents must be very high.

They left the misses €200 out of pocket, she paid for some treatments only a couple of weeks before they shut up shop..... B***rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭superd1978

celticbest wrote: »

Appreciate the feedback mate.. will def look into this ;)

Advertisement