Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm monitoring cost and supply??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

fred funk wrote: »

We charge more than you pa but we dont charge for any call outs throughout the year even if we are out ten times during the year. All the customer pays for are parts.

And if you take the life of an alarm as 10-12 years , the real service contract will be better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Even with 2 additional call outs per year I would still be cheaper . The chances of this happening are very slim so why charge everyone extra on the off chance that it might.
    This is my business model and I do quite well from it and my customers are very happy with it.

Edit by Stoner names of other contractors removed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone can do one service for €51 . But its not a service contract & should not be sold as such. They are paying monitoring for the year & for 1 service, I think to call one service a maintaince contract is a bit misleading.
    Also I would request you remove any company names from your previous post as you are not comparing like with like to claim to be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I offer a maintenance and monitoring contract for €150, it includes monitoring for one year and one maintenance visit per year.
    On my last audit the auditor found no problems with it, in fact he commented that my paper work, including my maintenance contracts were one of the best he had seen
    What is wrong with that
    You might not agree with it but as I already mentioned my customers like it and that is all I care about

You are charging for annual monitoring & the routine maintaince call. As there is nothing else included in the maintenance payment I don't think it should be called a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jnealon wrote: »
    I offer a maintenance and monitoring contract for €150, it includes monitoring for one year and one maintenance visit per year.
    On my last audit the auditor found no problems with it, in fact he commented that my paper work, including my maintenance contracts were one of the best he had seen
    What is wrong with that
    You might not agree with it but as I already mentioned my customers like it and that is all I care about

What extra does a customer get with a contract over someone who doesn't. I'm genuinely interested in this as I really don't understand what exactly it is that you're selling. Maybe the Divil is in the detail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't think this thread has anything left to offer. I'm going to lock the thread because it has potential to generate friction on the forum and it could possibly be interpreted as a revisit to an older closed thread relating to uniform costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement