Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Catalyst 10.3 Beta coming tomorrow...

Options
  • 16-03-2010 5:33pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thread robbed from elsewhere.....

Tweet from the man him self. Terry Makedon (CatalystMaker) on Twitter

Fingers crossed people, hope it solves some problems with the game.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Awesome sauce !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

SHAWEEEEET!!!!!

Quote from Ati....

This ATI Catalyst driver update will unlock new performance improvements on top of the already previewed features in the initial Catalyst 10.3 Preview driver we sampled you in February. This driver will be available to download on March 17th from undgerground.amd.com and it will be called "Catalyst 10.3a Preview". On March 24th we will post the official Catalyst 10.3 WHQL certified on amd.com. The difference between the two is that Catalyst 10.3a Preview will contain future Eyefinty 6 updates and an Alien vs. Predator optimization which the Catalyst 10.3 WHQL posting does not have.

All bolloc.ks but you never know!!! How can I get more perfromance from a 5970.....HEHE

Still no sign of them yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Anyone tried these yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm inclined to wait until the 24th

d/l now I will update ya'll

Well at least they install fine....but not stable. Un-installed just as quick, crashed after 10mins of DIRT2....:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Official drivers released.

Release notes :
    known issues
    -Loading time between maps in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" may be long;
    -Flashing black block corruption may be visible in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" on
    some ASICs;
    -In-game V-sync option might not function in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" until
    resolution/refresh rate mode change

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Turned it from HIGH to all high, and detail low, and the new drivers seem to be more stable than the last one. Still the odd crash, but not as often. Club3D Factory Overclocked 4870. Using the driver from a few posts up.

• Advertisement

I'll grab these now.....I dont think it will solve the CTD or Freezes I am now getting. Its the EA patch doing that not the drivers, changed from DX11 to DX10 still the same. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm on 9.6 and I've had one CTD so far in 18 hours of playing.

TBH mate, I dont think its the drivers, I was super stable with cat 10.2 until the last BFBC2 patch came out. Now its madness......

I installed the 10.3 offical drivers yesterday and now the flashes on the snow level is back like in the beta. Its listed in the bug fixes but the load times have been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Cat 10.2. Only one small black screen issue that cleared itself after a while. No CTD at all. Only got CTD while previewing the Pirated version. 4870 @ 1080p @ high.

Only thing that grinds my gears is the visibility in the sand and snow maps. And the apparent lag that everybody seems to get.

Cat 10.2. Only one small black screen issue that cleared itself after a while. No CTD at all. Only got CTD while previewing the Pirated version. 4870 @ 1080p @ high.

Only thing that grinds my gears is the visibility in the sand and snow maps. And the apparent lag that everybody seems to get.

I dont get any lag at all.
    Ive only got a couple of CTD but nothing major.
    Im using the new 10.3 drivers and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Sorry I meant ping, always seems to be 100+ for most. I wouldn't mind if I wasn't on my first decent connection in a year. But it doesn't really seem to affect gameplay. I'm just a noob.
    Yep, something about a round trip packet. Noob confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ignore in game ping, its around 50 to 100 ms less in reality.

Yep as Fairy said ignore the pings displayed via the ingame scoreboard.
    Im seeing pings of 30-50 on the TiG server and other UK based servers on my G15 keyboard.

The 10.3 drivers are alot better TBH, so hopefully the next BFBC2 patch will do the bizzo and we all good again.

Advertisement