Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to eat out in town < €10

Options
  • 16-03-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's recommendations in town would be for someone looking just to get a good dinner for under €10 in town, or even as cheap as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Finnegans.
    O'Riordans.

Reasonably sensible dinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Finnegan's is overrated muck.

Tried it loads of times. The veg is always dry as they seem to microwave everything.

Never eating there again.

To answer the question, I don't thing there is such a thing as a good dinner in this country for under 10 euro. You can get food for under 10 euro but not an actual dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Charcoal. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kettle of fish is daycent enough for cheap eats.
    Failing that just go to Mickey D's and splash out on a Mc. Flurry for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

foto joe wrote: »
    Charcoal. ;)

Something sustainable now! Charcoals should only be eaten after clubs.

I hope nobody suggests Street Wok... overpriced muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The Market kitchen is a sandwich and salad place. That's pretty decent for under a tenner. It's only lunch I guess but it's good quality.
    Are Boogaloo burger still doing their burger + beer for a tenner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

7.50 all day breakfeast in Fibbers, jesus can they do a breakfast

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

dmcg90 wrote: »
    hope nobody suggests Street Wok... overpriced muck.
    I had chicken satay noodles there 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. 7 notes and a large portion of tasty noodles. It's at the more acceptable end of fast food and doesn't pretend to be more than that.

I was loathe to go in there based on people on Boards slagging them off but it worked out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

The Townhouse is very good for a reasonably cheap meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Homeplate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Da Tang Noodle House is good - but I think it may be a shade over a tenner. They do good lunch time specials for under a tenner, but I'm presuming you're looking for a night time meal.... sorry but I think Galway is very over priced and the quality isn't very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The Dáil have food around a tenner, but under a tenner is usually the veggie option (which is hit and miss). Their chowder and a side salad comes in at around a tenner, and often serves me as my dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

bethlehem ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you're on the east side of the city, you can get a massive lovely bowl of soup and a couple of thick slices of wheaten bread at the wild nettle cafe in the briarhill business park (above hip kids) for a fiver.

They have bigger meals for a tenner but the soup... omg.

It's seriously nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

McSwiggan's do a decent lunch menu and most if not all the options are under a tenner. Had a Pasta and chorizo sausage dish and was very good, large portion to so felt it was good value for the money. They sometimes do voucher's on their website too, had a 50% off lunch time offer a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The bistro over Barr An Challadh (spelling? schmelling!) in Woodquay has re-opened under new management.

I had a very nice mini-breakfast for a fiver (inc coffee). Mains are between 8.50 and 10 I think. They close at 6, so it's more of a daytime dinner place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

The italian place on quay street opposite the quays, called il foreggini or something like that, do an early bird for 14.95. Two courses and a beer or wine. Good value. Great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Homeplate, La Salsa and Kellys are where I'd go for a cheap, filling meal. Homeplate is great for soup, you can get a big bowl and a massive sandwich for around €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

dafunk wrote: »
    The italian place on quay street opposite the quays, called il foreggini or something like that, do an early bird for 14.95. Two courses and a beer or wine. Good value. Great food.

How is €14.95 less than €10 ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

O'Riordans or Home Plate do the job for around 8 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Milanos do some good food. You can get two mains for €15 with vouchers from their website.

Polo ad Astra is my recommendation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Are Boogaloo burger still doing their burger + beer for a tenner?

What's place like? Have seen it but never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

narwog81 wrote: »
    bethlehem ftw!

Second That! What I get is usually 10.50 but they have plenty for under 10

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Col200sx wrote: »
    What's place like? Have seen it but never tried it.

was there just after it opened. wasnt great imo especially if you were getting the burger+beer offer. burgers were a tenner and up

Quarter pounder with cheese meal in la salsa for 6.50 is alot better.

Forgot about Master Lees Chinese on Bridge St.
    They have specials every day, but My friend had Tofu Tiannamen noodles for 6.95 today and it was HUGE. They used to have a surprisingly welcoming decor in the middle of chaos, but I think their latenight boozola traffic hammered the daintiness out of the place. It's not big on atmosphere, but big portions, tasty and the staff are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Just one more post and you've hit a grand 'bofin!

Go on ya good thing!

Ding!!! 1k

(thanks for spotting that Kraggy, I didn't - next chips are on me! ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Had dinner this evening in The Spud House;

Student Special = €9
    Starter (Soup, Garlic Bread or Garlic and Cheese Bread)
    Main (Any baken potato from the menu, with side salad)
    Mineral (usual choice)

Great food, good price and I was full leaving! Oh and for you non-students, they never check for ID. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

what about that place friends(i think its called) beside galway city gym...lovely dinners during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How is €14.95 less than €10 ? :confused:
    Inflation maybe....I dunno...

Advertisement