Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Audi A4

• 16-03-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi My husband and i are thinking of buying an Audi A4, 1.9 diesel. Anyone got one and want to tell us how great they are??
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Moved this to it's own thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

On my second A4 1.9tdi(99 and 06) and I love them both.

What year are you thinking?
    A new one is 2.0tdi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 heids

2002,2003 really only looking to spend 5/6k if possible. what are they like on diesel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Very very very tight for leg room in the back.
    Should be reasonable on fuel. Get the 130 bhp if at all possible as it will be a much nicer drive. I dont know of any scary problems as such on these. Buy with history & you should be fine. I dont mean that it should have a full main dealer history but if there are receipts showing regular work & the mileage looks like it corresponds to these receipts you should be ok. Dont buy anything without some records as the likelyhood of buying a heap increases significantly when you dont know where it has been.

And do a finance & history check too before you buy. Alot of private sales out there with finance owing on them. Maye not so much the case on 02/03 cars but worth doing the check anyway. It will show if written off etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Highly recommended buy however if you want legroom id go for an a6. That kind of money could get you a very nice a4

i heard there the best all round engine audi have. great mileage and great power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

I have an 04 100bhp ... would perfer the 130bhp. Get approximately 700 - 750 miles from a tank of diesel ... roughly 50 to 55 mpg. That is from a 20 mile commute each way 5 days a week. Not really used at the weekend. Leg room in the back is tight. Also do not like the fact that the back seat does not fold down to allow access to the boot for carrying awkward cargo. Make sure timing belt was changed around 60k miles. Radio reception can be bad when rear dimister is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Recently sold on my '04 A4 and am suffering withdrawal.
    Had it three years and not a problem during ownership. Legroom is tighter in the back but was not a big issue for me, although the non folding rear seat was, however this is not across all A4 models as many do have the split folding option.
    Mine was the 130bhp engine with 6 speed box. Very reliable, quiet and super smooth with plenty of power when needed. Impressive handling and never felt stressed not even in winter conditions.

The 700 ~750 miles per tank is easy enough but I was able to squeeze near 900 out of mine on a few occasion, 50/55mph set on the c/control in 6th in no hurry and good roads. The cruise control and trip computer made it very easy to drive economically.

Recommended and would love another.

Advertisement