Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah it is a grower rather than an album that grabs you straight away.

Got it and the new Coheed And Cambria album on Friday. Can see both getting quite a few spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Absolutely love this album. Start to finish. In my opinion, Deftones are one of the only bands never to put out a sh!t album.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

It's still on constant rotation with me. Great tunes, Sextape is awesome, as is Prince. Hell it doesnt really have a weak track... :)

I do agree with earlier posts though, I just feel like I am waiting for something more from Steph, not that he is weak on this album, but just that he promised more, ya know?
    But really Chino is on form with this album...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

This album is definitely a grower. Gets better on every listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Love the new album, they did a live webcast of the whole album there on Tuesday, you can still catch it here; http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6681343. The band sounds really strong here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

So this managed to hit No.1 on iTunes and is apparently 45th in Irish charts even though i saw it sitting on the charts shelf in HMV today at no.15

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I got this album well over a month ago and I instantly fell in love with it! Although the whole time while listening to it, I can't help think about Chi and hope for a full recovery ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Absolutely love this album. Start to finish. In my opinion, Deftones are one of the only bands never to put out a sh!t album.

I'd have to agree. This album is a grower, I remember not liking White Pony when it was first released, and now I'd rate it as one of my favourite albums. Each of their albums have some outstanding tracks, and the lyrics are vague enough to take your own interpretation from.

Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I only got around to getting this yesterday and I love it :) I got Soulfly's 'Omen' and.. well hell I hadn't listened to that the whole way through before I had to go back to 'Diamond Eyes'

This is a great album from a great band :) Its got such a nice feeling to it, which I like to think was brought on by what the bands gone through recently with Chi's accident and so on :)

Advertisement