Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remington 700

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

Sorry but what could i say you and alleycat cant shoot beound 400yrdsguess you ae stuck or range.thank god i have 1000 yards anytime i want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

pat58 wrote: »
    Sorry but what could i say you and alleycat cant shoot beound 400yrdsguess you ae stuck or range.thank god i have 1000 yards anytime i want

I think you are on the wrong forum, English Lit. is another forum, we can not teach how to read write or spell on here.

I hold Tomcat in high regard as he can hit a Rabbit at 400 yards.(no mean feat)
    I am a member of a 1000 yard range which is only down the road for all my target needs.

I should not be encouraging you as you just seem to resort to childish name calling.
    I suggest you go to another forum if you do not like what is been discussed by seasoned shooters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

:confused::confused::confused::confused: Have i missed something?

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Probably quit a few rabbits:D:D:D:D With that little round:D:D:D:D

I think the dragon may be back in another form ;)

I think the dragon may be back in another form ;)
    Another pat on the back for huckleberry and alleycat:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Another pat on the back for huckleberry and alleycat:D:D:D
    I see your spelling has improved somewhat since last night ,you need to stay off the sauce when posting late in the evening;).

I see your spelling has improved somewhat since last night ,you need to stay off the sauce when posting late in the evening;).
    The two of you are like the chuckle brothers :rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe the two of you should meet up and see if your rifles would like to mate ;);) should be an interesting breed :D:D:D Fast ,wind sniffing little (stones) rounds :D:D

The two of you are like the chuckle brothers :rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe the two of you should meet up and see if your rifles would like to mate ;);) should be an interesting breed :D:D:D Fast ,wind sniffing little (stones) rounds :D:D

The Dragon is back!

I do laugh, Sticks and Stones.......

The Dragon is back!

I do laugh, Sticks and Stones.......
    Sticks and stones , but in all fairness .223s :D now thats a good laugh ;) LOL

• Advertisement

Sticks and stones , but in all fairness .223s :D now thats a good laugh ;) LOL

What are you on about?
    You purport to have a .270?
    So what?

What are you on about?
    You purport to have a .270?
    So what?
    I have clearly stated i have more than one rifle. But the .270 brings a lot more to the field of shooting than the .223 :D. It was never designed to be a target round neither was the .223 ;) , But i dont clame it to be something its not unlike some :eek: My point is you can dress it up any way you want by its such an inefficient round why bother . Why not start with the basics and if you want a target round why not pick a round thats capable of target accuracy;)

I have clearly stated i have more than one rifle. But the .270 brings a lot more to the field of shooting than the .223 :D. It was never designed to be a target round neither was the .223 ;) , But i dont clame it to be something its not unlike some :eek: My point is you can dress it up any way you want by its such an inefficient round why bother . Why not start with the basics and if you want a target round why not pick a round thats capable of target accuracy;)

what are you on about, .223 is used as a target round?
    http://www.chuckhawks.com/f-class_shooting.htm
    Chuck Hawkes probably not as knowledgeable as you:D

I never made any claims that i could not back up with Fact.
    I hit a stone @400 with a sako 75 6.5 x 55 @ MRC in 2001 witnessed by 5 fellows who all are shooters and some are on here.

I have studied your comments and you just seem to try and start something out of nothing;)

Now I must go, work to be done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

He said it wasn't designed to be one, and he's correct.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/f-class_shooting.htm
    Chuck Hawkes probably not as knowledgeable as you:D

I never made any claims that i could not back up with Fact.
    I hit a stone @400 with a sako 75 6.5 x 55 @ MRC in 2001 witnessed by 5 fellows who all are shooters and some are on here.

I have studied your comments and you just seem to try and start something out of nothing;)

Now I must go, work to be done!
    2001, you must soon due another 400 yard shot.:p:p You just answered yourself;) You have an excellent shooting .223 (by the groups you posted) A custom barrel is not you answer to these 400 - 500 yard rabbits. Thats just my 2cents.;)

2001, you must soon due another 400 yard shot.:p:p You just answered yourself;) You have an excellent shooting .223 (by the groups you posted) A custom barrel is not you answer to these 400 - 500 yard rabbits. Thats just my 2cents.;)

I can hit with my .308.
    I want to hit with my .223 consistently out to 4,5 and 600.
    To this end I am rebarreling my rifle, that and because I just want to see what it can do.

We varminters use varmint rounds for varminting, I could use any myriad of larger calibres but what would be the fun in that.
    My .223 I know can do better than the groups I have achieved to date with a custom barrel.
    If the rounds are deviating @ 100 even only slightly this deviation will increase with distance.
    Thus I wish to reduce the deviation in an effort to see what is the best I can do with my .223. When i feel i have reached my peak in the .223 i will work on a custom job for my .308 and push her accurately and consistently beyond 1000 if possible. If not it will be fun trying to.
    I have the luxury of two centre fire rifles so when I am playing with one I can be shooting the other!

Sandy22 wrote: »
    He said it wasn't designed to be one, and he's correct.

they were designed as a varmint round that is true, and so too were many target rounds which are now used for hunting.

That was not my point. My point was the poster said get a target round for target accuracy. I said the .223 is a target round, which it is and people compete shooting it.

I can hit with my .308.
    I want to hit with my .223 consistently out to 4,5 and 600.
    To this end I am rebarreling my rifle, that and because I just want to see what it can do.

We varminters use varmint rounds for varminting, I could use any myriad of larger calibres but what would be the fun in that.
    My .223 I know can do better than the groups I have achieved to date with a custom barrel.
    If the rounds are deviating @ 100 even only slightly this deviation will increase with distance.
    Thus I wish to reduce the deviation in an effort to see what is the best I can do with my .223. When i feel i have reached my peak in the .223 i will work on a custom job for my .308 and push her accurately and consistently beyond 1000 if possible. If not it will be fun trying to.
    I have the luxury of two centre fire rifles so when I am playing with one I can be shooting the other!
    Right ,I understand what you are trying to achieve from your .223. You are chasing the velocity with the 28" barrel, So in turn you are trying to build a swift , Which in my opinion is a better varmint round over the .223. I have looked into re barreling .223 and found was not worth doing ,At the end of the day all you have is a baby swift with out all the advantages of the swift, The bc is just too low with the .223 when you consider the 139 gr 6.5 x 55 bc is .615. Thats why i say it doesnt matter what barrel you use if the round is not up to the job why bother. Just my 2cents worth;)

Right ,I understand what you are trying to achieve from your .223. You are chasing the velocity with the 28" barrel, So in turn you are trying to build a swift , Which in my opinion is a better varmint round over the .223. I have looked into re barreling .223 and found was not worth doing ,At the end of the day all you have is a baby swift with out all the advantages of the swift, The bc is just too low with the .223 when you consider the 139 gr 6.5 x 55 bc is .615. Thats why i say it doesnt matter what barrel you use if the round is not up to the job why bother. Just my 2cents worth;)

I'm not comparing it to a swift, I like the light recoil of my .223. I also like the price availability and quality of ammo.

i'm going with a 28" barrel as it will bring my reduced speed round from the moderation back up to original speed and will stabilize the 65 grain rounds in my twist rate better.

I have a friend that has a 270/7mm WSM which will break all records this year in Ireland.

The .223 round is well up to the job of 600 yards.
    I will prove it when it is completed;)

Now can we see some of your groups before you start criticizing our small calibres?

Thats my 2 cents;)

• Advertisement

I'm not comparing it to a swift, I like the light recoil of my .223. I also like the price availability and quality of ammo.

i'm going with a 28" barrel as it will bring my reduced speed round from the moderation back up to original speed and will stabilize the 65 grain rounds in my twist rate better.

I have a friend that has a 270/7mm WSM which will break all records this year in Ireland.

The .223 round is well up to the job of 600 yards.
    I will prove it when it is completed;)

Now can we see some of your groups before you start criticizing our small calibres?

Thats my 2 cents;)
    As for quality of the ammo there is hornady , norma just to name a few, ;) And as for recoil you shoot a .308 , :rolleyes: As for the swift it does all the .223 can do but better, The 270/7mm is a great choice .you should consider getting one, you will never look back at the .223, As for paper punching it might work out but in real world hunting the .223 comes up lacking, And as you like to say a few members on this site has seeing rabbits being struck at 400 yards plus, I have great respect foe accurate rounds reguardless of size but sadly the .223 just does not do it for me,:(:(Just my 2cents worth.

As for quality of the ammo there is hornady , norma just to name a few, ;) And as for recoil you shoot a .308 , :rolleyes: As for the swift it does all the .223 can do but better, The 270/7mm is a great choice .you should consider getting one, you will never look back at the .223, As for paper punching it might work out but in real world hunting the .223 comes up lacking, And as you like to say a few members on this site has seeing rabbits being struck at 400 yards plus, I have great respect foe accurate rounds reguardless of size but sadly the .223 just does not do it for me,:(:(Just my 2cents worth.

Well thats your opinion. I have a .223 and it's my favourite rifle.
    I would not swap it for the world at the moment.
    It has loads of power to cleanly kill foxes and rabbits at decent ranges and that is what I enjoy doing

I don't like punching paper, and I do live in the real world.
    I like the .223 because it is flat shooting, inherently accurate and does a great job on a bunny or fox.( I have posted plenty of pics to show its potency on small varmints )
    As I shoot a lot of rabbits in the summer months I will never be without a .223.
    So you don't have to like my rifle, you don't shoot it.
    I do like it so I shoot it.

Anyway this should finish off this piece of dialog, No need for a reply
    The topic has been talked out

Well thats your opinion. I have a .223 and it's my favourite rifle.
    I would not swap it for the world at the moment.
    It has loads of power to cleanly kill foxes and rabbits at decent ranges and that is what I enjoy doing

I don't like punching paper, and I do live in the real world.
    I like the .223 because it is flat shooting, inherently accurate and does a great job on a bunny or fox.( I have posted plenty of pics to show its potency on small varmints )
    As I shoot a lot of rabbits in the summer months I will never be without a .223.
    So you don't have to like my rifle, you don't shoot it.
    I do like it so I shoot it.

Anyway this should finish off this piece of dialog, No need for a reply
    The topic has been talked out
    Dont worrie will get back on topic after this, For some unknown reason you are of the opinion the 5.56 cal is inherently accurate :rolleyes::rolleyes:(but its not) Fact not opinion, There is so many rounds that are inherently accurate why not pick one ,They are all near the same price to build .But if your heart is set on it:cool:.Flat shooting (how) Good in wind (hell no) One thing when you are in the field and have to think about drop thats one thing but add big wind drift to that,You are left at a major disadvantage:mad: And as for the 270/7mm its being out awhile in the us ,getting good results ,it was a great idea the 270 shell;), works very well.One other thing not great manners telling some one no need for a reply because the chat suddenly does not suit you, any how thats my 2cents worth. ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

Pat58 you must be broke from all the 2 cents your throwin around the place!

Tack tried a few different rounds in the .270 today surprisingly good, I reckon alot better could be done with a better man pulling the trigger tho! Will put up pics later!

patsat wrote: »

Tack tried a few different rounds in the .270 today surprisingly good, I reckon alot better could be done with a better man pulling the trigger tho! Will put up pics later!

Try locking it in a vise/Bench rest to eliminate the man out of the question.
    Figgy is making a jig up that you can bolt your rifle to, fire 3 or 5 shots and have an accurate group with no Human involvement.

You are right ,Nearly broke after all them 2cents,
    .270 is a very good round , What make of rifle is ?

• Advertisement

CZ 550, I'm delighted with it anyway I'll be throwin up pics of it later! A mod is a must have on a .270 IMHO

CZ 550, I'm delighted with it anyway I'll be throwin up pics of it later! A mod is a must have on a .270 IMHO
    Cz build some very good rifles , Your right need a mod to settle her down some difference with a mod on and off , big difference with recoil .

Cz build some very good rifles , Your right need a mod to settle her down some difference with a mod on and off , big difference with recoil .

Cz has made some fine rifles indeed 3 of which are in my household....CZ 550's in .243 and .270 and a Cz 527 in .223. Also had a Cz 527 in .22 hornet and a Cz 452 in .22 lr! So yeah i'd agree that the CZ's are a good rifle!:D

What make is your own?

I reckon if I wasn't allowed to use a mod with my .270 I'd change caliber!

Fine collection of rifles ;), Fair play to you,I have a tikka t3 varmint i wanted something with a bit of weight to it, Combined with the t8 it takes a good bit of the whip out of her, As you know your self they puck a bit:rolleyes:

I only own the .223 and the .270! The father owns the .243 and he owned the two others before that! Twas WATCHING them two that got me hooked on shooting!

The Tikkas are a great gun wanted one in .270 but the CZ turned up in a great deal!

• Advertisement

I only own the .223 and the .270! The father owns the .243 and he owned the two others before that! Twas them two that got me hooked on shooing

I don't blame ya!
    I grew up with an anschutz and stevens shotgun in the house

Ya I'm used to word 2007 and that usually fixes the mistakes for me!

Ya I'm used to word 2007 and that usually fixes the mistakes for me!

I had a BRNO back in 2002/3. I got it for nothing as it was rough. I got a .22 10/22 Ruger after that and a Remington 700 after that. Since then I have purchased another Remington 700 and 2 different Remington shotguns!
    I would love the new Remington 1911 pistol instead of my Glock to complete the collection, But that is a pipe dream at this point!

Pat that was very good shooting;) No better way of spending a few hours out on a saturday night :D

Pat that was very good shooting;) No better way of spending a few hours out on a saturday night :D

Twas a sunday night!;)

Dam, I must have had a bit too much wine , after the bbq yesterday:D:D

Advertisement