Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Inter CL Match Thread etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow.

just came in to find out that result.

go on the José.

odds on Ancelotti being fired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Went for Inter at 5/1, happy days! :D

Inter deserved to go through, far superior in both legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

niallo27 wrote: »
    Gotta feel for big JT. Top fella, took defeat with grace - class act.

:confused:

Is this the same JT who was bitchin' at the referee at the whistle and pushing Obi away ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

niallo27 wrote: »
    Gotta feel for big JT. Top fella, took defeat with grace - class act.

I presume you need a doctor to remove the tongue from your cheek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ush1 wrote: »
    You clearly don't watch the Serie A, should have just said that.

god you bore me, really do

you just mentioned youve only seen 3 games of inter (and you judge them on that), so I really cant trust your opinion tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

redout wrote: »
    :confused:

Is this the same JT who was bitchin' at the referee at the whistle and pushing Obi away ?

I think you need to adjust your sarcasm detector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Headshot wrote: »
    god you bore me, really do

you just mentioned youve only seen 3 games of inter (and you judge them on that), so I really cant trust your opinion tbh

Haha, should of gone to Specsavers!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Went for Inter at 5/1, happy days! :D

Inter deserved to go through, far superior in both legs.

nobody likes people who put up their bets after the event

frowned upon in these part (oh hang on its not the gambling forum, i guess your in the clear)

Odds on Ancelotti getting the boot? dependant on the league imo

if they win it, as they should, he will probably get given the transfer window and next season to have another go with more of "his players" if they lose the league now i can see him parting comapny in the summer alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Best Inter team in years in fairness, and they'd spank the **** out of Spurs.

Love to find that out ..maybe 2010/2011 champo league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BERBA wrote: »
    Love to find that out ..maybe 2010/2011 champo league?

No, Spurs won't be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Delighted Chelsea are out. Gutted Inter still in! :D

Inter were excellent tonight. Sneijder's passing was sublime. Zanetti and Lucio were brilliant. Chelsea once again display their nasty side. You'd think Terry would keep his head down.

Terrible that an Italian team once featuring greats like Altobelli, Fachetti, Mazzola starts a CL game without one Italian player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I love it. Completely outplayed. I'm glad it was on Sky Sports rather than ITV as they are the major vehicle for the English arrogance that thinks EPL teams will easily roll over any foreign team that doesn't begin with a B and end with an A.

BOOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

kryogen wrote: »
    nobody likes people who put up their bets after the event

frowned upon in these part (oh hang on its not the gambling forum, i guess your in the clear)

Sorry, I understand.

I've just been on a ridiculously bad losing streak before tonight.

Haha, should of gone to Specsavers!:pac:

I think we found a new contender for the minkman award

I think we found a new contender for the minkman award

Did you reread the posts yet?

Johner wrote: »
    No, Spurs won't be there.

were in the hat , and no lennon since before xmas , tough run in though

Terrible that an Italian team once featuring greats like Altobelli, Fachetti, Mazzola starts a CL game without one Italian player.

Does that really matter much these days?

The game is so global these days, and at the end of the day the club and their fan base (predominantly) is italian

this Inter team is not actually that much better then the last few

Sneijder has made a difference to them unquestionably, but they are a team that can be nullified easier then say, a Barca for example

Ill give the example of my own team v inter

if we were to shackle Sneijder with Flecther and make sure Evra keeps pushing up to make sure Maicon is forced backwards they would be pretty toothless tbh

Eto'o has been having a mare of a season, sure wasnt that his first goal of 2010 tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

headshot, you missed the post where he said when he saw three times, he meant at the stadium.

• Advertisement

Did you reread the posts yet?
    No, I was at the San Siro for 2 games.:)

ya so what 2 games out of 28
    am i missing something

Sneijder has made a difference to them unquestionably, but they are a team that can be nullified easier then say, a Barca for example

if we were to shackle Sneijder with Flecther and make sure Evra keeps pushing up to make sure Maicon is forced backwards they would be pretty toothless tbh

Eto'o has been having a mare of a season, sure wasnt that his first goal of 2010 tonight?

tbf kryogen, Lucio has been superb for them.

cant believe im defending inter, shudder
    headshot, you missed the post where he said when he saw three times, he meant at the stadium.

oh ya

tbf

3 games out of 28 does it really make a difference ?

They can be nullified easier than a Barca?

Must be shít then.

Sorry, I understand.

I've just been on a ridiculously bad losing streak before tonight.

:) no harm done, was more tongue in cheek then serious from me tbh

well done man! i had backed the draw :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol at tv3 saying Jose has refused to give any english language interviews out of respect to Chelsea. Could've sworn i saw one on Sky Sports!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Fiskar wrote: »
    Zuirkov was a bright spark on an otherwise unsucessful night

I thought he was really poor myself tbh. Any time he got the ball he looked short of confidence and was just looking to get rid of it as quickly as possible. There were times when he could have used his pace to knock the ball by the defender and get a cross in but instead kept playing the ball backwards.

Thought the move to switch malouda to left back was a strange one. yeh he obviously wanted to get more attacking players on the pitch. but thought malouda was our main threath most of the game.

No he hasn't. He was good in the two games against us but he's not that great.

• Advertisement

lol at tv3 saying Jose has refused to give any english language interviews out of respect to Chelsea. Could've sworn i saw one on Sky Sports!

and they now talking about the fat spanish waiter and the pressure he's under!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

ND 1978 wrote: »
    Does that really matter much these days?

The game is so global these days, and at the end of the day the club and their fan base (predominantly) is italian

I think it matters. As a Juventus fan I would be very disappointed if there weren't any Italian players in the team.

I posted one earlier on this thread he did for BBC post match

ya so what 2 games out of 28
    am i missing something

cant believe im defending inter, shudder

oh ya

tbf

3 games out of 28 does it really make a difference ?

You're missing alot. My fav poster.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    They can be nullified easier than a Barca?

Must be shít then.

ok ill expand, they can be nullified easier then

Barca
    Bayern
    Lyon

and they arent much more threatening then

CSKA
    Stuttgart
    Bordeaux

that enough teams to meet your approval?

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    and they now talking about the fat spanish waiter and the pressure he's under!

ffs.

dammit

cant believe im turning into one, feel very dirty atm

look Johner he has been great for inter, he was well dodgy at bayern but he has been very surprisingly good at inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I love it. Completely outplayed. I'm glad it was on Sky Sports rather than ITV as they are the major vehicle for the English arrogance that thinks EPL teams will easily roll over any foreign team that doesn't begin with a B and end with an A.

BOOOM!

Why , what have Benfica done lately to be so feared .

Banging your head against a wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

That was the most enjoyable game of football I have watched in a long time! I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. I was very impressed by Inter Milan and how they defended and cancelled out Chelsea's attack. Great game, I can't wait to see the next round.

Trevor Welsh found Jose!

eating custard creams

ok ill expand, they can be nullified easier then

Barca
    Bayern
    Lyon

and they arent much more threatening then

CSKA
    Stuttgart
    Bordeaux

that enough teams to meet your approval?

It's better as in it's more comprehensive but i still disagree with the vast majority of it. No team you mentioned, apart from Barca, can boast attacking players like Eto'o, Milito, Sneijder, Pandev who i felt underperformed tonight and Maicon raiding down the right.

Banging your head against a wall.

lol

the utd thread have been banging their heads when you can in with your humility crap

got to love the irony

lol

jose loves his custered creams

dammit

cant believe im turning into one, feel very dirty atm

look Johner he has been great for inter, he was well dodgy at bayern but he has been very surprisingly good at inter

Do you watch any Serie A? Genuine question. Inter aren't a great side and have been pretty poor this season. I'd love to say Inter are a class team because they eased pass us in truth but tonight's game said a lot more about us than it did them imo, not taking anything away from them they deserved it over the two legs definitely. Inter in the group stages were a very poor side.

lol

the utd thread have been banging their heads when you can in with your humility crap

got to love the irony

lol

jose loves his custered creams

Bang away, the truth hurts!:)

• Advertisement

i miss José.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Trevor Welsh found Jose!

eating custard creams

that was brillant, very special

:D

It's better as in it's more comprehensive but i stil disagree with the vast majority of it. No team, apart from Barca, can boast attacking players like Eto'o, Milito, Sneijder, Pandev who i felt underperformed tonight and Maicon raiding down the right.

i disagree with certain players listed there also

Eto'o for one has been very poor since his move and was awful going forwrd again tonight, Pandev, Milito is a good goalscorer, but i dont see him as a guy who is gonna make the attack tick, Sneijder, yep he is in great form and is a real threat, Maicon, can be great going forward alright, but if you can occupy him you take him away

but in rebuttal to the main

the dual threat of Ribery and Robben on opposite sides of the field poses more problems then Inter imo

there you go, thats one team apart from Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

SlickRic wrote: »
    i miss José.

so do i, and i dont even support chelsea

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Valmont wrote: »
    That was the most enjoyable game of football I have watched in a long time! I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. I was very impressed by Inter Milan and how they defended and cancelled out Chelsea's attack. Great game, I can't wait to see the next round.

I agree, very enjoyable indeed. It had a hell of a lot going on even if there was only the one goal.

Also had 20 bucks on Inter at 5/1 to win, so very pleased indeed.

Chelsea's season to go into decline after this? Never get that lucky I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Chelsea were poor tonight (and overall in the two legs) but you have to give credit to Jose and his team. Inter worked so hard and played so intelligently. They had an answer for everything. Lucio and Samuel are looking great and that is thanks to Jose's organisational skills imo. Tonight Sneijder's abilities were able to be used to make the team tick which is key to their attack. I still have doubts about Inter but I think Mourinho has shown now that he has made a team that you just can't write off.

A lot of after timing going on here. :mad: (may just be mad because we lost although it is annoying) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Very very surprised by the game tonight.

Was very much expecting Chelsea to get a goal and hold on, at very least, to go through. They didn't even dominate to the extent where you could say they deserved a goal. Inter played well and got their tactics right, even if they are typical Mourinho tactics (i.e. roll around and waste as much time as possible - feign injury here and there - ala Porto vs. Celtic). It's for those reasons I don't particularly want to ever see him at United. But he did get it right footballing wise and using Pandev and Etoo on the wings certainly worked a treat. Cambiasso seems to turn up everywhere aswell.

If anything Chelsea looked a tired team. Same team for a lot of games on the bounce with the likes of Cole and Essien missing, could be a pivotal part of the season for them to fall apart. They'll have to respond against Spurs the weekend or they'll be right in the muck.

From a United point of view, wouldn't be that worried about playing Inter. That's not being cocky but I think we're better suited to play Inter than Chelsea.

Do you watch any Serie A? Genuine question. Inter aren't a great side and have been pretty poor this season. I'd love to say Inter are a class team but tonight's game said a lot more about us than it did them imo, not taking anything away from them they deserved it over the two legs definitely. Inter in the group stages were a very poor side.

I do watch inter and AC Milan every weekend, why would i be defending them tbh, im not a fan of there's what so ever, like I said before tonights performance was inter's best of the season and shows to me anyway their serious contenders, can it not be that inter made chelsea look poor ?

barca in the same groups of inter were poor enough too, liverpool have been poor in groups stages but when they get to the knockout stages its a different game altogether

• Advertisement

If anything Chelsea looked a tired team. Same team for a lot of games on the bounce with the likes of Cole and Essien missing, could be a pivotal part of the season for them to fall apart. They'll have to respond against Spurs the weekend or they'll be right in the muck.

Good thing we are playing Blackburn so. :p

Advertisement