Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 cant read disc

Options
  • 16-03-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Dont know much about gaming but my son bought FIFA 10 secondhand last Sunday from Game Second Hand. Paid 42 euro out of his confirmation money. The game seemed fine and played ok but today while playing it he says his xbox toppled over not all the way some stuff stopped landing flat down but it did get a bit of a shunt. Anyway when I look at the disc now it is completely scratched all the way around in a big circle.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing happens. I cant believe that it can't take a knock without destroying the disc.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yup its a common problem, its pretty strange how badly it damages them, I dont think any other console suffers as badly from it.

Somewhere like smyths might be able to repair the game

• Registered Users Posts: 18 npmurph

Thanks for that. Cant imaging how disc could be fixed but will give it a shot. Xbox is now lying flat down. Expensive lesson learnt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Smyths and game do the repairs. They basically sand off a layer of plastic, leaving a perfect layer underneath. The disc is the same all the way through so as long as the scratch isn't too deep its easily fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 npmurph

Thanks.That is reassuring and will definately give it a go

Cheers

Advertisement