Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody any opinions on the current Meteor deal with the N97 mini?

• 16-03-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

500 minutes any network - 500 any network texts and 1gb internet for €55 a month, plus you get the N97 mini for €49. Seems like a great deal compared to the other networks. I'm currently with o2 but thinking of moving - my bills hover around €45 a month for a loth less call and text allowance and no internet. Is anybody on this tarrif and if so, how do you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

I've been on this tariff about 2 months now, and I have to say it's great. The 1gb data is more than enough for the month ( I'm using an iPhone). I'm in the Dublin area so I get good 3g coverage most of the time (dont know what the 3g coverage is like outside the pale) and the 500 mins and 500 texts are more than I've seen offered by any other carrier for that price. Well pleased with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The N97 Mini is a bit of a meh phone tbh. I bought one a few days ago and returned it straight away. The touch interface is laggy at times and it just feels like a Nokia N95 8GB with a Keyboard and touchscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

savage value in fairness, go meteor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

When I was going on the plan you could get the HTC Hero with it for 49 euro if you were changing carrier. Better phone than the N97.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

the n97 mini seems to be much better rated than the full-fat version. I got the palm pre on the o2 upgrade and returned it - now that was a dissapointing phone! since i've gone back to my original price plan with o2 (clear 175 i think) the bill seems to be creeping up every month - even though I dont seem to be using it any more? it seems to be averaging around €45 now and has been up to the late €50's where as it used to always seem to be €30-€35 - time to move I think

• Advertisement

I've always wanted a HTC phone - but I think they got the design wrong with the Hero - way too big and that lip on the bottom is like a window-sill!

When I was going on the plan you could get the HTC Hero with it for 49 euro if you were changing carrier. Better phone than the N97.

Just back from the Meteor store - and I changed my mind again! while I was reading through the contract for the talk and surf with the N97 mini , the chap in the store offered me a trial with the internet to go dongle, saying if I liked it it would cost me 19.99 a month.So I got to thinking, would I really use the N97 much for the internet? at first maybe, but after the novelty had worn off probably not, I'd me more inclined to use one of my 2 laptops. So I eventually took the internet to go on a 12 month contract, and I got the bill pay plan for 200 mins and 200 texts (both any network) on an 18 month contract at another €20 a month with a Sony-Erricsson W995 for €59, all-in €39.99, this is €6 less than last months bill with o2 for just calls and texts! A pretty decent deal I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

kingaaa wrote: »
    Just back from the Meteor store - and I changed my mind again! while I was reading through the contract for the talk and surf with the N97 mini , the chap in the store offered me a trial with the internet to go dongle, saying if I liked it it would cost me 19.99 a month.So I got to thinking, would I really use the N97 much for the internet? at first maybe, but after the novelty had worn off probably not, I'd me more inclined to use one of my 2 laptops. So I eventually took the internet to go on a 12 month contract, and I got the bill pay plan for 200 mins and 200 texts (both any network) on an 18 month contract at another €20 a month with a Sony-Erricsson W995 for €59, all-in €39.99, this is €6 less than last months bill with o2 for just calls and texts! A pretty decent deal I thought.
    You should be able to add 250mb data package to that for €5 euro a month more. I have that, and I've only gone over once in well over a year, and that was due to some fecked up IMAP settings.
    Used it with an E51 and a HTC hero, general only use about 100mb a month. On the wireless at home which I leave for doing updates, but plenty of web on the 3G when on the move.

Advertisement