Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Rock Calling

• 16-03-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows much about this gig? http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/home/

seems to be a weekend thing but you have to buy tickets for each artist??
    contemplating it to see Pearl Jam....hmmm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Well I booked up this festival shortly after hearing Paul McCartney was headlining the Sunday!!! and also Pearl Jam headlining the Friday,

I'm a big fan of both these acts, and there are a few fairly decent bands supporting on the Friday,

Today was the big day, the announcement of Saturday's headliner.....

The line up couldn't be worse IMO!!!! I was half expecting Stevie Wonder as he is playing Glastonbury a few days before, I'm not a big fan of him but I'd go see him for the hell of it maybe get converted, but with the super dull support line up!!!! I'll give that day a miss!!! Jamiroquai, James Morrison, Corinne Baily Rae, Hard Rock Calling! WTF! not a rock band in sight that day!!!

DISGRACE!!!

I can only hope Sundays line up redeems the festival!!!
    Fingers crossed for John Fogerty!!!!

Gomez and Chief have been announced to play the Pepsi stage on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Went to see Springsteen at this last year and had a great time. AFAIK each day is sold as a separate event (even though you can buy a two day ticket) and it's not really a festival in the traditional sense.

Hyde Park is a great location to see a band - particularly as the sun sets.

If you have the cash, try the VIP experiences!

Thanks for the info Brian, I was meant to be going to Neil Young/Springsteen last year but sadly had to give it a miss in the end! :(

Another act has been announced, Robert Francis will open the main stage on Friday, well whoop di doo, anyone else here ever heard of him?............. didn't think so, :D,

Also Melissa Etheridge has confirmed herself on her own web site she will be playing Saturday, another pretty disappointing act IMO.

I'm still hoping Sunday will be a great day, seeing Macca before I know he won't disappoint! although nothing is official for supporting that day, judging by the lay out of tour dates from other artists I'm guessing / hoping it will go like this..............

(NOT OFFICIAL!!!!!!!)

PAUL McCARTNEY

Elvis Costello
    John Fogerty
    Them Crooked Vultures / Foo Fighters
    The National

The full line up for Hard Rock Calling is to be announced sometime this week!!!
    All we have to go on is the Facebook message "be very excited"

Which at this stage could be anyone.....

Fingers crossed for some great bands TBA!!!

James
    The National
    John Fogerty
    Elvis Costello
    Foo Fighters / Crooked Vultures

NOT Keane!!!!

Anyone on here going to this???

I'll think twice about booking it again in the future the set up is sloppy as hell!!! last festival in the world pretty much to announce there line up!
    Lets hope it will be worth the wait and I'll eat my words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of going myself for the whole weekend Friday to Sunday.
    Just waiting on few bits of info and hopefully something big will happen along sing Paul on Sunday :D

At the moment after adding up ticket prices and flights its coming to nearly 300euro though :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder who supports Macca will they support him over here? or will it be the same as Bruce just play for over 2 hours instead

Dunno how reliable they are, but E-Festivals have announced The National to be playing the Sunday and Social Distortion to be playing one of the days.

Hope it's true!!! :)

Just got me tickets for friday saturday and sunday :-)

Finally some feedback from Hard Rock Calling!!!!! :)

VIA there Twitter and Facebook site, they have announced that the next installment of acts will be announced tomorrow at 9am!!!

Some great rumors flying around at the moment.......

The Crooked Vultures
    James
    The Pixies
    The National
    Elvis Costello
    Bob Dylan
    John Fogerty
    Crowded House
    Willie Nelson
    Keane (please NOT Keane!!! :()

Well time will tell folks, could be anyone! :)

• Advertisement

Finally some feedback from Hard Rock Calling!!!!! :)

VIA there Twitter and Facebook site, they have announced that the next installment of acts will be announced tomorrow at 9am!!!

Some great rumors flying around at the moment.......

The Crooked Vultures
    James
    The Pixies
    The National
    Elvis Costello
    Bob Dylan
    John Fogerty
    Crowded House
    Willie Nelson
    Keane (please NOT Keane!!! :()

Well time will tell folks, could be anyone! :)

Any word on this yet ?????

Ok so bit of an update here.
    Pepsi Max Stage revealed for Saturday

Melissa Etheridge will headline the Pepsi Max Stage on Saturday 26 June, supported by a mix of fresh new talent and timeless luminaries. Including Texan singer songwriter Alejandro Escovedo, soul diva Florence Rawlings, tip for 2010 ROX, Cat Power inspired Diane Birchand Rumer.

Nothing special yet :rolleyes:

That announcement is an absolute disgrace!!! especially been as it was hyped by HRC themselves by saying "be very excited" about what exactly? a bunch of pretty much unheard and unknown bands!

I along with many others have decided the organizers of this festival are a joke!!! most other festivals worldwide have announced their line up's, what is the problem with HRC?, the likelihood that they have blown all their money on getting Macca and Stevie is becoming all too probable!

There are some amazing bands in the line up already, but the way the organizers are announcing it is a disgrace! I'm sure plenty of people are holding off buying tickets and booking hotels and travel till the announcement is fully made, and obviously the prices are now rising by the day!

Hard Rock Calling would wanna get their act together, this is a disaster, and there is outrage looming all over forums on the internet, hurry up with a FULL announcement and don't put a downer over the festival!

At long last another announcement from HARD ROCK CALLING,

The full line up is to be announced tomorrow at 9am!
    Typically billed by HRC as amazing, be very excited etc.......

pfft after Saturdays rubbish line up, been hyped so much I ain't getting too excited by this, fingers crossed folks, could really be anyone!!!!

My moneys on Elvis Costello, he is in England at the time, has a gig the night before in Liverpool and has also been covering a Beatles tune in his set,

Although some major crap has been rumored of late........

No Joke!!! If its the Black Eyed Peas I'm gonna rip the tickets to shreds!!! :D

Main Stage

Sunday 27 June

Pepsi Stage

Hmmmmm well not a bad line up in the end I guess, Crwoded House should be great, don't know much Crosbie Stills and Nash, and I'm not a huge Elvis Costello fan, good to see em tho I guess, been as there was a chance it could have been The Black Eyed Peas instead!

Dunno much about the Pepsi stage line up.

Advertisement