Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courses in Galway

• 16-03-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering I someone can tell me some good courses in Dublin or Galway would love to learn Photoshop and how to use a camera properly.

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I just completed a course with Brad Anderson from Photo One studio. I learned a lot of techniques for using my DSL and taking better pictures. It does not cover using photoshop but talking to a few fairly heavy users on the course they say the best way to learn is to google photoshop tutorials and work thru them at your own pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I did a course with Brad as well. He said that he also does courses in Photoshop. Give him a buzz 091-565-612

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Yeah, Brad in photo one is the man for the camera courses. Don't know about photoshop tho. I've picked him also to do my wedding soon.

I'm based in Galway and would be interested in photoshop, I have some skillz. The GTI and GMIT does a course, but its in the middle of it now. (I didn't join them as they were aiming for beginners). If you find some course in Galway let me know, I'd be very interested in doing it now as a hobby.

google and online how to's are all well and good, but a good course would be my favorite way to learn photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Thanks guys have contacted brad now. Would love to learn Photoshop too I see the iop do a weekend course in Dublin wonder if they're any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Really, the best way to learn to use photoshop is read the basic instructions, install it and just start playing around. Then watch some tutorials on youtube and learn techniques one by one. I think an advanced class later would be worth it for picking up some specific techniques and processes but at this stage you can learn a hell of a lot for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement