Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Service Cork City Area

Options
  • 16-03-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys

I really need help in relation to my car. It is due for an NCT in April and I need to get it sorted before I even attempt to put it through.I havent much knowledge about them so I'm hoping someone can help out biggrin.gif

Its a 00 Opel Astra 3 Door, 1.4L Petrol, 101k Miles on the clock.
    I have regulary serviced it (Oil Change, Filter, Plugs) at 6000miles intervals. Last one was done at 98k Milies. Timing Belt and Head Gasket were done at 68k miles.

I need to get a few things checked over.

1. The temperature guage works when it feels like working. It doesnt work when I am travelling for a distance (Long or Short journeys) if I am not changing gears the whole time. It tends to only come on when I am travelling around a town/city and continuously stopping-starting at junctions/traffic lights.

2. Beside the temp guage I have the light sensors for Airbag/Seat Belt/ABS. None of these lights are working so I dunno if they come on or off frown.gif. The oil light/engine sensor lights do work as they are beside the speedometer.

3. My car tends to have a high rev count (well this is in my opinion) 60miles/100km perhour, 5th gear, 3000revs????? Dunno if this is wrong or right. When I am stopped weither in 1st gear and clutchin or in neutral my car tends to be doing 500revs?? Again i have no idea whats right or wrong..

4. The lights which should be highlighting my heater controls also dont work... Appartently that a messy job to try and get to the wires???

5. Finally I just want to get a general NCT Pre Test kinda thing done. The car is running perfectly (and it better stay that way :L) but its just those little things that a NCT tester will have great pleasure in failing me on.

Any ways if anyone can recommend a garage or mechanic who would be willing to sort it out.. I'm living in Grange.Douglas and Working in Carrigaline so preferabally in or around these area's.. And some one who will not rip me off. I may be a girl who knows only a little about cars but I'm not totally brain dead...

Thanks a millions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 desgob

You could try John Dooley out the Bandon Road, just beyond KENNEALLY MOBILE HOMES. He does a NCT Pre-Test and has all the same gear as the test centre. He has a very good reputation. This is him http://www.jdmscork.com/:) Sorter me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

desgob wrote: »
    You could try John Dooley out the Bandon Road, just beyond KENNEALLY MOBILE HOMES. He does a NCT Pre-Test and has all the same gear as the test centre. He has a very good reputation. This is him http://www.jdmscork.com/:) Sorter me out.
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement