Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC : Connection issues at the moment?

• 16-03-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

It's taking an age to open most websites and some common ones won't even open (google & youtube for example).

Ping results:

Ping statistics for 66.102.9.99:
    Packets: Sent = 408, Received = 372, Lost = 36 (8% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 264ms, Average = 47ms

I rang UPC and they say there are no reported issues and the test to my modem was 'fine except the power is a little high'.

Another UPC broadband mystery (6th this year).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

yep same problem for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Same here, Gmail took 3 minutes to open!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've been having similar problems on and off for the last month. It's okay now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,897 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah same here in Lucan I was worried there I might have a virus gmail takes ages as does youtube anyone bother to ring them? They might have a server issue somewhere along the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is not just UPC. I'm seeing similar lag problems and I'm on Esat.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not a matter of bandwidth. It seems to be those with content on the Akamai CDN, so they may be experiencing issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

you can forget about youtube too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Google sites (youtube, Gmail etc are slow), others are fine, quite weird :S

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about gmail being slow at the moment: http://twitter.com/#search?q=gmail%20slow
    Is this limited to just UPC?

All Google sites are as slow as hell here in Cork on UPC; I can't load a single Youtube video.

mobius42 wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of people complaining about gmail being slow at the moment: http://twitter.com/#search?q=gmail%20slow
    Is this limited to just UPC?

All Google sites are as slow as hell here in Cork on UPC; I can't load a single Youtube video.

Its clearly a gobal problem so, someone above mentioned simular problems with BT! I got into Gmail using HTML view finally :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

It's not a UPC problem: http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en

All back to normal now :) For me anyways

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

UPC was down for me this morning (only second time in 2 years!). Youtube super slow this evening - rebooting the modem sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Just had a great conversation with UPC L2 support. They confirmed there was a network issue affecting my general area (D15).

On the call, the technician checked network logs going back a month and found a lot of users in the area where being disconnected at the same time at random intervals. So they are investigating that now as another issue.

She confirmed that at the moment, there are no known problems, but there has been general Signal-to-Noise ratio problems for the last week (fixed yesterday evening), so that could cause slow connection problems for many.

So all back to normal now, and that nagging issue where the connection drops at random should be fixed shortly.

All-in-all, UPC 2nd level = brilliant. 1st level is still horrendous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

ive lost my ip address 10 times since 5pm today :( they must be up to some divilment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Littlepace\Castaheany area in Dublin 15 was completely down(no broadband, tv or phone) from last sunday afternoon until monday morning.

Today, some websites can't be accessed - recruitireland.com for example, even though it is up according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

My BB speeds have been terrible this last week, I'm on the 30mb connection but it actually reminds me of the old dial up days,..pages taking ages to load, frequent disconnections, download speeds drop as low as 0.3mb per sec,..I'm in the D7 area navan road & I know other UPC customers in the area who have the same problems,..anyone else in the same area having problems ??

Advertisement