Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindlestown Breakins

Options
  • 16-03-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Just met one of the residents from Kindlestown who was telling me that there were 7-9 houses broken into recently.

The modus Operandi seems to be a new tool that allows thiefs to pop the Yale Locks.

Keep an eye out folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Just met one of the residents from Kindlestown who was telling me that there were 7-9 houses broken into recently.

The modus Operandi seems to be a new tool that allows thiefs to pop the Yale Locks.

Keep an eye out folks :)
    As I said in the wicklow forum. Yeah, we heard somebody fiddling with the lock on our door early in the morning over the weekend. Mainly just went for handbags and that, werent interested in laptops etc apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

I was talking to someone from Burnaby Court who told me the same thing happened there... popped the lock on a back door. But when the house owner heard them, and came down the stairs, they perpetrators ran out the front door! Happened about 4 weeks ago. A bit worrying knowing that these burglars don`t mind that there are people asleep inside, instead of targeting a house where the owners are away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

same night as the break ins, one of my mates in kindlestown had the mirror off her car kicked off.
    shocking.

Apparently the houses that were broken into were the ones with the older doors that can be just opened up with a screwdriver, i also believe one of the town councillers houses's was broken into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Matt, while any vandalism is bad, having a mirror kicked off is small potatoes. I know one older person in the Grattan Park/Kindlestown area who goes to bed at 7pm at night locked in their bedroom for fear of people breaking in again.

Kindlestown has really made an effort to pull itself out of the drugs and anti social behaviour pit it was in the 80s and 90s, I hope this isn't a sign of its slip back into that pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Apparently the houses that were broken into were the ones with the older doors that can be just opened up with a screwdriver, i also believe one of the town councillers houses's was broken into.[/QUOTE]

Not true,the houses that got broken into all have new doors and windows fitted only last year,these pvc doors are easily opened with a push.They took car keys laptops mobile phones and even had time to eat Mothers Day chocolates:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Have to disagree with the sterotyping of Kindlestown there :mad:
    Houses are being robbed all over Greystones, Delgany Newtown etc., who is to say it is someone from Kindlestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Applewood heights had 5 breakins on saturday.Gardai caught and arrested 4 non-nationals

Good news on the apprehensions! Let's hope these were the culprits for the other break ins and the crime wave is stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

They must have been busy there was one breakin that I know about in Eden Gate that weekend

Keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Had my back door repaired, thought it was wear and tear due to freeze thaw, alarm went off when we where out once. Not so sure now...Kilquade area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I live in fear of a burglary. I don't have an alarm and the dog is quite old now; I worry for his safety if someone breaks in and he is the only thing there. I have a hatchet beside my bed in case someone tries it on while I'm in the house although knowing this country I would be the one in trouble if I were to defend my family and property. Scum of the earth whoever is doing this, I'm so angry just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Valmont wrote: »
    I live in fear of a burglary. I don't have an alarm and the dog is quite old now;

ffs get an alarm,it doesn't have to be really expensive,get a decent one for about €500
    i don't care what you say,there is NO excuse for not having an alarm in this day and age,don't know what age you are but my advice,get an alarn and get rid of the hatchet
    i did one time go around with a blade due to a previous hiding i received untill someone turned it on me

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Attempted break-in Ballyronan rd, kilquade area this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

Huntthe wrote: »
    Attempted break-in Ballyronan rd, kilquade area this morning.

Really Huntthe! Let us know how you got on!:) Just kidding...

heavyballs wrote: »
    ffs get an alarm,it doesn't have to be really expensive,get a decent one for about €500
    i don't care what you say,there is NO excuse for not having an alarm in this day and age,don't know what age you are but my advice,get an alarn and get rid of the hatchet
    i did one time go around with a blade due to a previous hiding i received untill someone turned it on me

How disgusting and inconsideraete is this response to a person who is actually living in fear. A bullying response with no sympathy.

Do you realise just how many people are on the breadline and simply don't have 500 euro to spare, let alone the desire to have some stranger come into their house to install it.

At the very least, as a community we should be banding together to aid people who feel so scared every day.

Advertisement