Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extreme sports wanted for sports expo ireland

Options
  • 16-03-2010 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Can anybody help me i am running Sports Expo Ireland and we want some extreme sports displays at the show.

If anybody can help me or point me in the right direction it would be a great help the wilder the better all suggestions welcomed.

If anybody has some ideas also they would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

in what regard weeman I do some freediving but holding your breath and staying perfectly still doesn't make for a great spectator sport if i blackout it looks good but kinda hard to do it on command and has an obvious risk. There are some skate forums around too and a half pipe should be fairly easy to make up. cft have a mobile pool for try a dives and may set it up and man it if invited or a local club may do it along with cft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

try www.theboardroom.ie they have some portable ramps and do surfing, skating products and are pretty cool guys. Drop them a line and see if they are into it!?

They're based in greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭weeman2

thats a great suggestion thanks keep them coming guys what would you like to see at a sports expo no boring crap seriously fun hi octain stuff only!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

http://www.ramp-riders.com/

these guys are pretty damn good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi weeman2, if you want to consider Bungee Jumping for your event, you can contact -- www.bungee.ie

Thanks Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

Where's this expo going to be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭weeman2

I will definatley follow up on the ramp riders but Bungee looks expensive but i will make enquiries none the Less.

Sports Expo Ireland will take place on Sunday June 6th at Limerick Race Course with 60 displays, 30 stands, seminars, classes and activities. Should be good fun. The main event is Strongman Champions League Ireland which will be good.

Keep ideas coming and contacts if you have any your help is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi weeman, we ran the planet sports show in the Point a number of years ago.

We had Bungee, Zorbing, Rock climbing Wall, the Red Bull Skate, BMX & Roller Blade teams along with a number of other attractions at the show.

You could look into a Ski Diving Wind Tunnel / Rap jumping from a crane / Abseiling from a crane.

The biggest issue we had was a number of other sporting events (GAA and Football) replays that went on the same day, which cut into the numbers that arrived at the show.

Good Luck - Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tigerlily73

Hey my boyfriend is into waterski jumping. If you have any interest in this PM me. He does it down in Blessington and they ski into and over a huge metal ramp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paul3point14

Get in touch with Skydive4Charity.ie, they will be glad to do it :)

Have a look at their website. http://www.skydive4charity.ie/

Best of luck. Btw where is this and when? Sounds interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 alexstan

Hi There,

These guys do a number of different extreme sports and they travel. Give them a call on 087 2721245 or see their website www.outdoordiscovery.ie

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement