Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tirreno

• 16-03-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

any one know what happened to mark cavendishs bike ,he had a fall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

jwshooter wrote: »
    get real will ya ,
    grow up will ya,

I's not that hard to put "spoiler" in the title if you are going to spoil the race outcome

get real will ya ,

I'm just trying to protect you from the pitchfork-wielding mob who will tear you to shreds for unnecessarily spoiling their enjoyment of race highlights.

You're welcome.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    grow up will ya,

I's not that hard to put "spoiler" in the title if you are going to spoil the race outcome

firstly i did not and would not spoil the race out come , ---- had as much chance of winning it as i did in the last stage .

my question was about some thing that happened in the race ,and it did ( NOT ) have any thing to do with the out come of the race .

its no wounder no one could be arsed to post about these races .

how long is the race over now any one with the slightest interest would have known the out come by now.

• Advertisement

firstly i did not and would not spoil the race out come , ---- had as much chance of winning it as i did in the last stage .

my question was about some thing that happened in the race ,and it did ( NOT ) have any thing to do with the out come of the race .

how long is the race over now any one with the slightest interest would have known the out come by now.

If you have an opinion on the race-spoiling rules, you can discuss them on that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

your post makes no sense anyway

E@gle. wrote: »
    your post makes no sense anyway

please explain ,did you read my OP ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

rob1891 wrote: »

thanks for that rob ,that was original my question.

• Advertisement

1368466841.jpg

Cyclingnews story. Can't find the Youtube video.

Cue Zipp reliability jokes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

so was it his wheel falling apart then eh ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Very little to see of the crash, but this does include the final few km of the stage also

the man is having no luck this season.

is he racing sat ? answer yes .

he had a touch of wheels at 60kph .

any way ,cyclingnews have the full story.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I pretty much watched the entire Tirreno Adriatico last night. Great racing this year even if they did leave out Montelupone this time around. Sickener for Scarponi the way Garzelli got the overall on countback. Interesting to watch with a view to Milan - San Remo this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

How was Garzelli allowed to do this by Scarponi's team? Should they have had the firepower to put some men up front to take the seconds themselves?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    How was Garzelli allowed to do this by Scarponi's team? Should they have had the firepower to put some men up front to take the seconds themselves?

They did make an effort. They got 1st in the first intermediate sprint, and 1st and 2nd in the second one. Scarponi's lead was so slight that they really needed to mop up all the points and that's pretty hard to do. Unlike Scarponi, Garzelli has a decent sprint on him. He was also being led out by Luca Paolini, who's a bit of a savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yeah I saw them making the effort. I'm wondering, from a tactical point of view, how they managed to fail, twice.

Yeah I saw them making the effort. I'm wondering, from a tactical point of view, how they managed to fail, twice.

Not enough sprinters on the team I guess. They've always been more mountainy men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

I don't think you can fault them for how they played it on the last day except that it was kind of surprising that old Gianni couldn't get another team interested in going for the sprints. I reckon that's a big enough race to buy a favour in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The Crunch wrote: »
    I don't think you can fault them for how they played it on the last day except that it was kind of surprising that old Gianni couldn't get another team interested in going for the sprints. I reckon that's a big enough race to buy a favour in.

They were a rider down from the start after a failed dope test as well.

Kind of disappointing to see a Puerto rider being beated by another "ex" doper in 2010. I want to see the back of that generation as soon as possible.

Advertisement