Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GENERIC LIPOSTAT

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Lipostat costs 35€ here but the generic version Pravastatin costs about 5€ in Northern Ireland i was told.My Doctor always prescribes by brand name and when i mentioned a generic version the Doc said i could get a generic version but did not like to change away from what works.Any opinion please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Marvic wrote: »
    Lipostat costs 35€ here but the generic version Pravastatin costs about 5€ in Northern Ireland i was told.My Doctor always prescribes by brand name and when i mentioned a generic version the Doc said i could get a generic version but did not like to change away from what works.Any opinion please.

If your doctor said that, he's talking out his ar5e.
    Generic pravastatin will not work any differently to Lipostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Marvic

Thanks Locum. It is difficult to know what to do.3 Months supply here 105€ but go North and get them for around 16.50€ but there would be a niggling doubt about the cheaper products quality,probably totally unfounded,plus a visit to the Surgery asking for an amended Presscription.
    But these are tough times financially.

Advertisement