Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gurrane - help!

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is/was a place called Gurrane in or near Buttevant?

"Address: Gurrane - Parish / District: BUTTEVANT"

It's from an 1865 birth cert so I don't know if the place still exists. After a quick google I see there is a Gurrane in Cork but they say it's part of Mitchelstown. Could that same Gurrane be included in the parish of Buttevant? I don't know Cork at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Gurrane may have been in the civil parish of Buttevant although it is closer to Mitchelstown. If you check on Google earth it shows where Gurrane is. You may get some better feedback in the genealogy thread in the History and Heritage forum under "Soc"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

The townland on which Mitchelstown Golf club is situated is Gurrane if this helpls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

How ya

Gurrane is on the kanturk buttevant road. If you turn right in buttevant of the main road for kanturk this will bring you to townland of gurrane. Pm me if you want more info

Advertisement