Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/reliable plumber in Sligo

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good reliable plumber covering Sligo/Co. Sligo. I don't want no 'cowboys' now O.k. The guy who plumbed my house when it was built, is good but I'm not going to chase him again. Preferably, I'm hoping for someone here who has had some good work done by a local plumber. It would also be a plus if this plumber has experience of installing solid fuel stoves into a closed central heating system. All info here will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

medic he should be making it into an open system if plumbing in solid fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've used several plumbers in Sligo & to be honest, I wouldn't recommend any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Killian Mcgowan from near Grange.

Sound chap, did my gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Francis Willis did my solid fuel stove for me a few weeks ago. He had to install a new copper cylinder pump, reroute some existing pipework too.

A very neat job and tidied up after himself too.

If you want a number drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Anyone had a good experience of a plumber in Sligo. I need to install a solid fuel cooker and it will need a insulated flue to go through an existing slate roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Would plumbers ordinarily do that? Would it be an idea to ask the suppliers of the stove, (if they are local) whom they would recommend locally? I know a good few reliable plumbers, but not sure if they do the slate roof thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks for that.

I found the local distributor of the stove I was interested in from the manufacturers website.

He called out and is doing the job after Christmas.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thanks Ding Ding. Hope that goes well for you, and no reason why it shouldn't :)

Best to to get someone who is used to doing the job. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

dingding wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I found the local distributor of the stove I was interested in from the manufacturers website.

He called out and is doing the job after Christmas.

Cheers

Fair play, I actually ended up never getting a stove installed. Guess why? Because every guy I had out to the house to review the job and quote me was a cowboy. The guys that were reasonably priced were clearly clueless and the guys that knew what they were doing were rip off merchants. And yes these were guys that I got from an approved list of installers from a Sligo stove supplier. So after all that, the stove idea went out the window.

Advertisement