Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converge

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

They're playing in Dublin on the 12th of July. Undoubtedly, these lads are one of my favourite bands and their gig in the voodoo was awe-inspiring. They won't be to everyone's liking but I recommend them all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I don't like the new album much though. I will be there for kylesa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I only have Jane Doe and Axe to Fall. Both are really good albums, but I prefer Axe To Fall. Didn't know they were playing though, may well go although it'll probably be over 18s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Morf wrote: »
    I don't like the new album much though. I will be there for kylesa though.

Hells yeah I'll +1 that! Caught them last time when they played Tripod or Pod or whatever it's called. Phenominal live.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They were the first band I saw in Voodoo Lounge, some 7 or 8 years ago (oh jaysus I'm getting old :eek:) and they were phenomenal - couldn't recommend them enough live. I'm loving the latest album too, more so than No Heroes. Jane Doe is a must have album for anyone who's serious about frantic heavy noise and Petitioning the Empty Sky is also well worth a listen.

I'll be at this gig with bells on, Kylessa are fantastic live too - saw them at Hell Fest last year not having heard of them before that and they were very impressive.

Tickets are here for the gig, it's on in Whelans and is over 18s ride-the-spiral.

Kharn wrote: »
    Tickets are here for the gig, it's on in Whelans and is over 18s ride-the-spiral.

Yeah I know :( And it's just a month before I'm 18 too. Should I risk it...

• Advertisement

G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan....etc.

If you look old enough they won't ID you. Whelans haven't ID'd me the last few metal gigs I was at (Vader, Electric Wizard, High on Fire....ok that's kinda going back a bit!).

Well it looks like I'm not shaving until July, my girlfriend's gonna hate me. :D

Jebus, I'm such a bad influence! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm not sure about Whelans but when I went to see Protest The Hero last Decemeber in The Village (the same building) they never asked for ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would'nt mind going to this,I like converge alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

UGH its over 18's >.< ireland is ****e for this where as in the uk its all over 14's :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It is against the law for minors to be in a pub/bar/club that is serving alcohol you know,that probably has something to do with it.

A friend of mine went to see these the last time they played and said they were immense,might be worth a look.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, it's a licenced premesis, therefore it's a legal requirement that all under 18's be out by 9pm.

I reckon there's scope for a non-licenced premesis, but I can't see anyone taking that sorta risk.

Kharn wrote: »
    Yea, it's a licenced premesis, therefore it's a legal requirement that all under 18's be out by 9pm.

I reckon there's scope for a non-licenced premesis, but I can't see anyone taking that sorta risk.

I've been to a few gigs where alchohol's been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

gig today, tickets available on the door

Advertisement