Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Photography course

• 16-03-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

After a lot of persuasion from my wife I finally decided to do an evening photography course over the past couple of months. Having been involved in an accident in 2008 I've been out of work and decided to take up a new hobby in order to keep my mind active....and my bank balance low!!!:(:eek::p Up until now anything I've learned about digital photography (which is infinitely minute compared to the talent that you guys/gals have) has been from books, internet and through trial and error. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never read any of my camera manuals!:o
    Anyhow, in the run up to the end of the photography course we had a small competition with a theme of "Colours" and my image was chosen as the winner! While the monetary value of the prize was low...the resulting confidence boost has been enormous :).
    I'd thoroughly recommend that all newbies like myself enroll in a photography course in order to gain a little bit extra knowledge about your camera and camera equipment.

Here's my winning entry...(some of you may have seen it previously in the random photo thread)

4071F5E512334FDA8C2DDB9590D07576-800.jpg

Shot using a Nikon D300 and Kiron 105mm f2.8 manual focus macro lens (my latest camera gear acquisition).

Edit: I forgot to mention....it's a pic of some waterdrops on a CD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Congrats!

Which course did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

This is really pretty. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Congrats!

Which course did you do?

Cheers! It was this one. Tbh, I knew many of the aspects covered by the course beforehand, but it was good to put that knowledge into practice and being able to get instant feedback to my questions was a huge help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well done Nforce! that's a lovely shot. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Fantastic stuff. I won a competiton in college there last week and it's a great confidence booster. Well deserved. Brilliant photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nforce wrote: »
    Having been involved in an accident in 2008 I've been out of work and decided to take up a new hobby in order to keep my mind active....and my bank balance low!!!

Pretty much how I got into it as a hobby myself. Only my bank account is empty :(

Cool picture and well done ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice pic

Are there any similar courses in Dublin that anybody knows about?

Advertisement