Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance certificate

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Help me, please!!! Tell me, please, why a policeman wanted to check my insurance certificate (i have my insurance disk on the windscreen) ?? He also told me to present it in ten days at the police.... WHY??? Reply please if you know something about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

To make sure the insurance is in your name or you're a named driver on the insurance.
    And you're not just driving around someone's car which has insurance on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Alex888

I forgot to tell you that my insurance certificate by that moment was at home....and why do they need it?

#2, thanks a lot!

Just take your insurance cert to them and it should be sorted out.
    Shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Just take your insurance cert to them and it should be sorted out.
    Shouldn't be anything to worry about.

thanks again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's pretty much standard if you're stopped that they'll ask you to present your insurance and driving licence within 10 days at the nominated station.

I had to do it last year after I was crashed into. Although it was not my fault, it was SOP (standard operating procedure) for the Gardaí.

Make sure you do it. Failure to produce is an offence. And make sure that you do it at the nominated station. The PULSE system will be expecting you.

dudara wrote: »
    It's pretty much standard if you're stopped that they'll ask you to present your insurance and driving licence within 10 days at the nominated station.

I had to do it last year after I was crashed into. Although it was not my fault, it was SOP (standard operating procedure) for the Gardaí.

Make sure you do it. Failure to produce is an offence. And make sure that you do it at the nominated station. The PULSE system will be expecting you.

thanks! but in case i wouldn't present my insurance certificate in these 10 days at the nominated station? what will happen? Reply please!

Alex888 wrote: »
    thanks! but in case i wouldn't present my insurance certificate in these 10 days at the nominated station? what will happen? Reply please!

You'll probably get a court order and things will then be a little bad.

Just go and show them your insurance cert. Its no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Alex888 wrote: »

As I said, the PULSE system will be expecting you. The Garda who took your details will have entered them onto the system when he returned to the station.

When you don't present your details in the allotted timeframe, a summons application will probably be issued for you to appear in court for failure to produce.

It's really quite simple. Find insurance cert -> drive to Garda station -> show to Garda at desk. He will then enter your details into the system, and all will be good.

You'll probably get a court order and things will then be a little bad.

Just go and show them your insurance cert. Its no big deal.

:) ok....thnks...

• Advertisement

As I said, the PULSE system will be expecting you. The Garda who took your detail will have entered them onto the system when he returned to the station.

When you don't present your details in the allotted timeframe, a summons application will probably be issued for you to appear in court for failure to produce.

It's really quite simple. Find insurance cert -> drive to Garda station -> show to Garda at desk. He will then enter your details into the system, and all will be good.

you're so sweet! thnks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

As I said, the PULSE system will be expecting you. The Garda who took your details will have entered them onto the system when he returned to the station.

Get stamp of the Garda station on a signed note confirming you produced your details as evidence of same, they tend to lose things regularly.

MC

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had to produce mine in the Garda station recently. As Dudara said, it's standard procedure. My Garda station gave me a printed receipt thing too, with a stamp on it. Hold on to that as your confirmation that you've presented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mama_mia

I was stopped by a Guard whilst i was driving a car from a garage as the engine went in my car. They asked me to produce my cert of insurance also. I am third party fire and theft. I got the report and it states im covered for closed driving. Does this mean i wasnt insured to drive the car whichi have now bought from the garage? I did switch my insurance cover temporarily but now extended as i am keeping the car. Please advise

Advertisement