Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Rugby YouTube Videos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Great thread lads. Just the antidote for the disappointment in Croker today.
    Here's a link to the 1999 semi-final between France and New Zealand if anyone's interested.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hermy wrote: »
    Great thread lads. Just the antidote for the disappointment in Croker today.
    Here's a link to the 1999 semi-final between France and New Zealand if anyone's interested.

Thanks but there should have been a health warning with the link - I had forgotten the damn French won! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks but there should have been a health warning with the link - I had forgotten the damn French won! :D
    Sorry about that - it's all in foreign so I didn't understand.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I think we all need a bit a cheering up around here:
    Not a match but still rugby related, outtakes from the Axel DVD:

And from Munster View:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭jack01986

Check out benji marshall on youtube I know he's rugby league but he's got some serious skills and pace.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oONx6GHQCa8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flash92

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cheesus H Christ

That video was made a by a man called (on the internet anyway) Dave Cahill from Leinsterfans.com (or at least where he posts most, very involved in the behind the scenes supporter club stuff for Leinster and uploads every single Leinster try scored for the last 4 or 5 seasons, as well as international and Lions stuff).

He made this about Brian O'Driscoll for all the abuse he was getting from / on Munsterfans.com and while Leinster were "a laughing stock" and for not scoring a try in 18 months (which about 12 of them were injured and or sidelined) and the point of it was that BO'D has not "lost it" as was claimed all over the place and he was written off and people were calling for him to lose the captaincy, and even suggestions of dropping him for the then barely touched a rugby ball Keith Earls in the Irish team...

The video was made a couple of months before Brian O'Driscoll captained Ireland to a 6 nations grand slam for the first time in 60 odd years and practically carried Leinster to their first Heineken Cup win ever (along with Rocky Elsom) and was top try scorer in both competitions and was nominated for world player of the year (which he should have won) and toured with the lions....

.....which is why that is such a spectacular video.....and teaches people a lesson.......never write off someone with a god given blessing of talent that you may only see once in your life time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

toomevara wrote: »
    Know its the other code, but I love this....

Absolutely spectacular finish, but the build up is a good example of why I just don't get rugby league....a bunch of Kevin Maggs-esq players crash balling all the way up the pitch hoping for a missed tackle... :confused: I know there's more to it than that, but it's got to be 80%+ of the way possession is used by both teams during a game....why watch that instead of the multi-facitated, highly technical, highly tactical game of union with 5 or 6 sub-plots on the field of competition between opposite numbers as well as the overall excitement and quicker paced and more varied game....I know it's a bad time to say it with the ping-pong rubbish being displayed at present, but in the grand scheme of things and historically, how anyone can prefer league is beyond me....

(just pointing out my confusion - no offence! :pac:)

[Jackass] wrote: »

.....which is why that is such a spectacular video.....and teaches people a lesson.......never write off someone with a god given blessing of talent that you may only see once in your life time.

Fair enough. You'll be glad to know I was never on the anti BO'D bandwagon, he's always been a special player and I've defended his captaincy on too many occasions to biased Munster fans.

That song just reminds me of that arsehole Ray Foley. Here's a video with a song like this one I made for Keith Earls last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Absolutely spectacular finish, but the build up is a good example of why I just don't get rugby league....a bunch of Kevin Maggs-esq players crash balling all the way up the pitch hoping for a missed tackle...

(just pointing out my confusion - no offence! :pac:)

None taken, and perhaps not the thread for the discussion, but I'd have to say I don't recognise that characterisation of the game of RL. I think if you watched a little more of it you might come to appreciate it a little better (possibly), every subplot you mention in a game of RU is there in RL as well....Personally I'd take a good game of league over a good game of union any day of the week, but hey horses for courses....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Where do i begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Stev_o wrote: »

Fixed that for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Stev_o wrote: »

Where do i begin.
    That's brilliant!! Must take a lot of practice to make it look so casual and still keep it legal - it's perfectly straight, and just five meters. Kind of win-win too - would probably have been a penalty if the prop dumped the hooker when he received it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

That's brilliant!! Must take a lot of practice to make it look so casual and still keep it legal - it's perfectly straight, and just five meters. Kind of win-win too - would probably have been a penalty if the prop dumped the hooker when he received it.

Haha, I had to watch that twice to realise it was legal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Dennis Hickie's try against Tolouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

great video of haka with new zealand vs tonga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Surprised nobody had posted this video. Cullen was awesome in his prime.

EDIT: Apologies to Gridlock, didn't see his video when I looked through the thread. Personally I prefer this one anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHI0dL6IMyA&feature=related

poetry in motion

the try at 1 min 08 is such a lovely angle of running the defenders dont know whether to stick or twist

CJC86 wrote: »

Surprised nobody had posted this video. Cullen was awesome in his prime.

EDIT: Apologies to Gridlock, didn't see his video when I looked through the thread. Personally I prefer this one anyway.

Did anyone else notice the attempted dirty trip by the Sprinbok 14 at 2:15. Saffers and their dirty play. :rolleyes:

This video remains my favourite rugby video on youtube. It's so well put together and the use of Sigur Rós really assists the vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Was just about to grab that from rugbydump - it was a beaut of a tackle.

Sure was some hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Jemo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jemo wrote: »

Fantastic tackle.

Also notice the cheap shot from Cian Healy. No need for that. Lucky to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭LostPassword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

The quickest fat bastard in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭LostPassword

The quickest fat bastard in the world!
    Total physical freak - balance, sidestep, power, size, pace, skills to match anybody. And his idea of training is a few bong hits and a bucket of KFC. Legend. Let's pray he's back for 2011 (he's back with Agen in the top 14 next year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

THAT kick! Only in Galway! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

molloyjh wrote: »

Awesome.
    I did something like that in a training game once.

One of the other lads broke and I followed him as I would always do.
    (Hardly ever caught anyone.)

Anyhow he went to place the ball down all smart and slowly in two hands but hadn't realised I had gone with him, I actually snuck up behind him and took the ball out of his hands before he got it down...:D

Are you allowed kick a ball out of somebodies hands though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

• Advertisement

Was some game Heaslip was playing so this from the south stand and it looked pretty violent. Good to see he went over to him when play stopped to check on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

looks like a shoulde charge:eek:, he had an amazing game hope he goes on summer tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

duckysauce wrote: »
    looks like a shoulde charge:eek:, he had an amazing game hope he goes on summer tour

Nothing wrong with a shoulder charge if you have the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Lomu running over Will Carling (starts about 12 secs in)

This guy was an 18 year old hooker making his international debut against England in Twickenham.

That was a seriously cheap dig.

eoin wrote: »
    Lomu running over Will Carling (starts about 12 secs in)
    That was Mike Catt.

eoin wrote: »
    That was a seriously cheap dig.
    It was a bit cowardly but I have to say he was on the receiving end of a cheap shoeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

foinse wrote: »

Saw it during the game. That's a prop he's flinging out of the way. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

NOt sure if its been posted before. Hilarious because its Will Carling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

shawpower wrote: »
    Nah, there's a 1 beside the 3 on his back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

shawpower wrote: »

It's a centre! :P

EDIT: Beaten to it. Curse you Firefox and your tabbed browsing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

These guys get my vote for Most Enthusiastic Commentator's of the Year :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement