Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Rugby YouTube Videos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Christ :eek:

Could you imagine if he converted to union, and USA had him and Ngwenya on both wings?

He'll definitely get a pro contract somewhere if he wants one!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Christ :eek:

Could you imagine if he converted to union, and USA had him and Ngwenya on both wings?

He'd get destroyed in defence and under the high ball and he wouldn't get 20 metres of open space in 15-a-side. I love the way he tries to give the ball back to the ref after scoring a try :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He'd get destroyed in defence and under the high ball and he wouldn't get 20 metres of open space in 15-a-side. I love the way he tries to give the ball back to the ref after scoring a try :D

Thats a chance I'd be willing to take. Love that he has no interest in sliding in on the corner.

Wonder would he like the weather in Limerick :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He'd freeze to death waiting for the ball to come out as far as the wing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He'd freeze to death waiting for the ball to come out as far as the wing :P

Only to find Donners there taking it on himself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

One ruck/maul in 15-a-side and he'd get snapped in two.

But looks the business for 7s rugby. I must say, as much as I sort of despite team sports at the olympics, 7s could be quite fun. Specially in Rio. And I guess it would be a NZ medal hope sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Swiwi wrote: »
    One ruck/maul in 15-a-side and he'd get snapped in two.

But looks the business for 7s rugby. I must say, as much as I sort of despite team sports at the olympics, 7s could be quite fun. Specially in Rio. And I guess it would be a NZ medal hope sport...

What's that you've got in the bag then...women's shotput,sailing,rowing and 7s.Is rugby not enough for some?

Great game. From 1 to 15.

Wally the legend, Sexton played a blinder , and O Driscoll was brilliant in defense and attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Been looking for this for ages, cheers.

• Advertisement

Watched it very late last night after a few Jamesons. Still made me nervous :p. Down to practically the last play, pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's a nice bit of marketing there for Berocca. Though the skeptic in me has questions over three of the shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Smashed a few before making the first shot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

2nd shot is definitely a fake. Comes back down too quick.

They were all done like this obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

durkadurka wrote: »

Ugh, that really annoys me. I can't believe how few refs seem to know the laws fully. The laws clearly state that a quick lineout can only be taken behind where the ball went out of play. It doesn't matter if it was kicked out on the full; if you want to take a quick lineout you forfeit that free field-position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

CJC86 wrote: »
    Ugh, that really annoys me. I can't believe how few refs seem to know the laws fully. The laws clearly state that a quick lineout can only be taken behind where the ball went out of play. It doesn't matter if it was kicked out on the full; if you want to take a quick lineout you forfeit that free field-position.

The new laws state that the throw can be taken from in line with the kickers position when the ball was kicked.

The ref in fact did know the rules and played them correctly, you need to check the latest rules.

Law 19.2 – Quick Throw-In
    This change alters where a quick throw can be taken. Currently a quick throw can be taken anywhere from the place the ball crossed the touch line back to the thrower’s goal line. The change allows a quick throw to be taken anywhere from the place of the lineout back to the thrower’s goal line. The gap that used to exist if the ball was kicked out on the fly from in front of the 22 is now gone. [I suspect this will have a bigger impact in Sevens than it will in Fifteens, but not this summer.

2012-quick-throwin.jpg

Even with that nice diagram, I still don't understand. A quick line-out can be taken anywhere between the goal-line and kickers position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Grimebox wrote: »
    Even with that nice diagram, I still don't understand. A quick line-out can be taken anywhere between the goal-line and kickers position?

I was confused at first, but yes, what you said is correct. Basically what the diagram fails to explaiun is the ball has gone out on the full. Say the attacking player is the BLUE DOT, the defending team (now attacking) can play the ball anywhere between their goal line and where the kicker was standing, even with a quick line out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yes, because the kick went straight into touch. So anywhere from the point the kick was taken back to your own try line

Great game. From 1 to 15.

Wally the legend, Sexton played a blinder , and O Driscoll was brilliant in defense and attack.

Just watching this again out of boredom. Jesus, DOC gives an absolute masterclass in tighthead lock play.

For me that game is our yard stick. We should be aiming to play like that all the time. Teams can't live with us when we play at tempo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Youngs steaming in on SOB and SOB swatting him away like a child still makes me laugh every time, what a game.

My highlight is Banahan running across the pitch only to dragged into touch, "unforgivable", as it was described.

That game more or less ended his England career too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

For me that game is our yard stick. We should be aiming to play like that all the time. Teams can't live with us when we play at tempo.

Our coach can't seem to live with us playing at tempo.

EDIT: The highlight for me is still the first scrum, or our Statement of Intent as the BBC called it. Rossys reaction after it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIyQTGbSfEc&t=1m32s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

molloyjh wrote: »
    Our coach can't seem to live with us playing at tempo.

Our coaches were like - slow down lads, you're playing too well and too quick, this is not what we planned :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ah it's that game!

For some reason I thought it was the 2010 England Ireland game and couldn't understand why people were so excited.!

• Advertisement

"They won't have much to cheer about tonight, so they may as well cheer them on in the warm up" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

"They won't have much to cheer about tonight, so they may as well cheer them on in the warm up" :P

Watching that literally gave me chills. What a f****** game that was.

I cannot wait for the Six Nations, but we need to come out with that mindset from the get go. Regardless of the opposition. We need to destroy Wales.

Edit: Apologies for the sensationalism. Those videos have really fired me up though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_vJBUpDiog

I'm sure this has already been posted (probably several times!), but two things struck me about Dempsey's try v England '04 (apart from how staggeringly awesome it was).

- the speed and lines of support throughout the move.
    - how incredibly deep the Irish backline are standing. It's a virtual "how not to do it" in modern rugby.

who_me wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_vJBUpDiog

I'm sure this has already been posted (probably several times!), but two things struck me about Dempsey's try v England '04 (apart from how staggeringly awesome it was).

- the speed and lines of support throughout the move.
    - how incredibly deep the Irish backline are standing. It's a virtual "how not to do it" in modern rugby.

Darcy used to constantly make breaks like that from absolutely nothing, how he did it, I will never know

Darcy used to constantly make breaks like that from absolutely nothing, how he did it, I will never know

wd-40-br69235874.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"but he's swallowed up by Stephen Ferris, who picks him up like a ragdoll and throws him over the 22!".

:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What did he say wrong?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What did he say wrong?

He is claiming that that should be an England penalty. This link is better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J0MHxrqyGXs#t=4557s

I have just been rewatching that match and his bias is absolutely infuriating. It comes across multiple times. He's talking **** half the time.

There's also this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

What was Care doing :confused: TOL barely had the opportunity to deny him the ball before he judo throws him over his shoulder. Don't understand how that was a penalty against TOL in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I love that clip and he captures what my sentiments would have been perfectly.

Care was an idiot, but from the looks of it I think TOL was about to do the scrum half special of taking a quick tap on the other team's scrum penalty. Personally it gets on my ****ing tits that they always get away with it and clearly it annoys Moore too. I'd disagree with him on this occasion but I understand where he is coming from. He lets his frustration get the better of him at times as he is ultimately an England supporter. He's better than anything RTÉ have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Gopperth meant that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Just stumbled across this. Great backing music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Hagz wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this. Great backing music.

The AB "tackling" on Tualagi still makes painful viewing. Nice vid!

This guy is gonna retire soon :(

That pass to Zebo...

Check out the No.1 intercept.......how many players did the Blues have on the pitch to get such a big overlap??

• Advertisement

Advertisement