Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stinky Garden

Options
  • 16-03-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommedations on what to use in the garden (half concrete half paito slabs) to get rid of the smell of wee from the puppy going to the loo? When he goes we pour soapy water on the puddle and brush over it but it doesn't seem to make a difference. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wait for normal Irish weather to set in ...the rain will take care of it. :D

If it continues to stay dry, hose it down ...lots of water is better than just a little sopy water

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Jeyes Fluid is great for cleaning and sterilizing dog runs and such..just make sure it is well diluted according to the instructions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Biological washing powder is supposed to be good at getting rid of the smell of dog pee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Jeyes Fluid is great for cleaning and sterilizing dog runs and such..just make sure it is well diluted according to the instructions..

+1 This is what I've used for years and don't think you can beat it. I've three dogs weeing in one back so what I usually do every couple of days is put a cap or two of Jeyes Fluid into a bucket of warm water and scrub down the slabs with a yard brush then rinse it down with a hose. Does the trick every time and it keeps the back hygienic too for the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Been wondering about this myself, Jeyes fluid it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I use a power washer. It gets rid of the stains on the concrete too. I've never noticed a smell from the wee really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys - we were using Jeyes too but weren't sure how safe it was! We'll def been using this weekend because mr. puppy has the runs!

Advertisement