Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a psychologist help a person?

• 16-03-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I am going to start seeing a psychologist next week. I am wondering how a psychologist helps a person? If someone could fill me in, it would be great, cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

My personal belief is that they are there to guide you through the healing process.And hopefully make it as painless and understandable as possible.

As to how they help people i guess that depends how the person is healing :)

Not a good scientific post but hopefully someone more informed can help you on the process part.
    The person helping will probably need to just get to know their client as a person so they can understand the situation and history.

Advertisement