Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Pre-Pay Mobile Broadband Modems now €19.99

• 16-03-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

Vodafone have a limited offer (available until 26th March) for their Pre-Pay Mobile Broadband Modems when purchased online. Price: €19.99. Free Delivery. Details here.

You may also qualify for a 1,000 pigsback.com points with this purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There are no available device priceplan at the moment.

Is all I'm seeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

taung wrote: »
    Vodafone have a limited offer (available until 26th March) for their Pre-Pay Mobile Broadband Modems when purchased online. Price: €19.99. Free Delivery. Details here.

You may also qualify for a 1,000 pigsback.com points with this purchase.

*might* also be eligible for €12.50 cash back from bethrifty, but they can be very finicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Supposedly giving 12.50 back through bethrifty.ie for PAYG mobile broadband too:
    http://www.bethrifty.ie/Vodafone-ie
    That'd give you the modem for 7.49 !

I say supposedly as they revised the amount for a contract phone upgrade around xmas time between me ordering one and them paying up - naturally it was a downwards revision.

Edit: alastair_doom got there ahead of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

phasers wrote: »
    Is all I'm seeing

go here and select prepay broadband

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/?ts=1268777156417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What's the story on unlocking these?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

I have been waiting 3 months for bethrifty cashback on this. ordered a second one on pigsback and got the points within a month.

Do-more wrote: »

I took a chance and ordered this. It's a Huawei K3765 modem. Discovered that it comes from Vodafone unlocked.

It comes pre-loaded with Vodafone's Windows dashboard which allows you to easily set up a connection with a sim from any of the Vodafone networks worldwide.

If you want to use it with a sim from any other network you can also do so.

1. You need to install the Vodafone dashboard so that the device drivers will load. You can then immediately un-install the Vodafone dashboard (if you wish) and the drivers will remain. Then do either 2. or 3.

2. If you are using Win7 you just add a new dial up connection with the telephone number to dial as *99#

3. Alternatively you can download the Huawei "Mobile Partner" dashboard and configure it with your network's APN settings. Linky

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

So (bit think here)

Can I take the sim out of my awful looking o2 modem ( the one with the wee cable rather than direct USB connection) and put it in this ? and work off my O2 prepay subscription

? Cheers

So (bit think here)

Can I take the sim out of my awful looking o2 modem ( the one with the wee cable rather than direct USB connection) and put it in this ? and work off my O2 prepay subscription

? Cheers

Should do, I used a 3Ireland sim to try it out and it worked fine setting up with a Win7 dial up connection.

This comes with a USB extension cable also.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

From the posts here it seems they may be unlocked but if there not just google "dc unlocker" you can network unlock most usb modems on that website.

• Advertisement

Should do, I used a 3Ireland sim to try it out and it worked fine setting up with a Win7 dial up connection.

This comes with a USB extension cable also.

Hi , sorry its hard to see from the images, do you mean this also has to connect via the cable , rather than directly in ?

Hi , sorry its hard to see from the images, do you mean this also has to connect via the cable , rather than directly in ?

No you don't have to connect with the cable but you can do if you want to, there is a usb port on the modem itself, just like a memory stick.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

I think vodafone are offering one for +10 if you are using their services already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

zing wrote: »
    Supposedly giving 12.50 back through bethrifty.ie for PAYG mobile broadband too:
    http://www.bethrifty.ie/Vodafone-ie
    That'd give you the modem for 7.49 !

I say supposedly as they revised the amount for a contract phone upgrade around xmas time between me ordering one and them paying up - naturally it was a downwards revision.

Edit: alastair_doom got there ahead of me

Lads,

How do you avail of this bethrifty cash back offer. I am a member of the site but have never used it for cashback. Do you pay the full cost of the modem i.e 19.99 up front first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads,

How do you avail of this bethrifty cash back offer. I am a member of the site but have never used it for cashback. Do you pay the full cost of the modem i.e 19.99 up front first.

You need to login to bethrifty, navigate to their page detailing the vodafone offers on it and then follow the link on that page to vodafones site (this is how they track the referral from bethrifty). Then buy it as normal at full price and after a few days you should - in theory - get a credit back into your bethrifty account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

zing wrote: »
    You need to login to bethrifty, navigate to their page detailing the vodafone offers on it and then follow the link on that page to vodafones site (this is how they track the referral from bethrifty). Then buy it as normal at full price and after a few days you should - in theory - get a credit back into your bethrifty account.

i got moved to the next phase "Confirmed" from "Tracked" after three months so be warned, still to be Paid...

Sorry for raising an oldish thread
    but I've not managed to use my O2 card in this

When i do it asks e to insert Vodafone card

any help would be appreciate d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

+

couple of links here that might of help to you:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1369131.html

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102

I'm using a 3 sim in mine without any problems, if you take a look at my post #8 on the previous page of this thread it may help you.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement