Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop In is back!!

Options
  • 16-03-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Saw it today in the new complex atthe Balrothery Inn.
    Dont know if its open yet, just noticed the sign above the door from the main road, and the lights were on.

Apologies if this has been posted, I didnt see it if it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aye its been open a few weeks now, must say that I'm loving its new location :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

What's Pop In?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Michael B wrote: »
    What's Pop In?

Chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

dubmick wrote: »
    Chipper

A bit of an understatement.

Before it closed over 5 years ago now it was located beside the Library in Balbriggan. Brilliant chipper - the best for miles...

It's owned and run by the same people who own the Deli Burger. Exactly the same menu and chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Michael B wrote: »
    What's Pop In?

Exactly? Hows anyone supposed to know that? Must have a gander!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

It's owned and run by the same people who own the Deli Burger. Exactly the same menu and chips.
    The same people own and run the chipper in Stamullen as well and it's not a patch on the old Pop In.:( I must try the one in Balrothery.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Posher wrote: »
    The same people own and run the chipper in Stamullen as well and it's not a patch on the old Pop In.:( I must try the one in Balrothery.:)

Let us know how you get on, pop in used to be the Chipper in town, better than the others by far ... I don't think I could take it if the new Pop In didn't do chips as good as the old one. I've been harping on to the missus about it for so long, she never got the chance to have them before it closed. I wonder if I've been looking at it with rose tinted glasses.

As they say "Nostalgia isn't as good as it used to be..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Not exactly the same chips, no. Pop Inn's chips were legendary.

how were the different?

don't get me wrong, I live in Balrothery and it is great to have the Pop Inn down the road but seriously the Pop Inn (even the old one) and Deli Burger are much of a muchness. Both have lovely chips that go up in price every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

how were the different?
    They tasted of nostalgia Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 p1x1e

they're grand nice chips. i hadn't had pop in over 10/15 years so...it's hard to compare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

When the Pop In closed a while back and George's Square was being renovated we had no choice than to gravitate to the Deli Burger. Honestly there was a world of difference in the chips. Still have to try the new Pop In though so I can't comment. We'll do a taste test with a bag from each so.
    Any suggestions on the scoring criteria? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I wonder will it have the same after chip entertainmant as the pop in, the open air boxing ring on the square was as much a reason for the fame as the chips......;)

Advertisement