Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

17 weeks vs Wii Fit

• 16-03-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi everyone,

im 17 weeks and had to go to my gp on monday due to non stop crying. been feeling really down and i came off antidepressants when i found out i was pregnant.

anyway, he suggested more talking about how im feeling and more gentle exercise.....im just wondering if anyone has been using the yoga program on the Wii Fit? i dont really fancy joining a class but i would like to start yoga. does it matter that it doesnt have an exact yoga program?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I no there's certain positions your not suppose to do in yoga and pilates when your pregnant. Maybe youtube search a prenatal yoga workout and copy that, I no on the sky channels there is a yoga workout for pregnant women, its alright did it one or two times.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah definitley do the research on what positions to avoid (mainly inverted ones, lying on your back and deep twists).

The Wii Fit is good but it won't take into acount your changed centre of gravity so the likelyhood is it will tell you you're doing it wrong. You also have to do aerobic exercise to unlock some of the poses.

What I would do would be to get on YouTube and see a few routines to do. Either that or look for an instructional DVD on Amazon.

Have you thought about other forms of exercise like walking or swimming?

You could download an audiobook to your music player and listen to it while walking, makes the walk go quickly and feeds the mind.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'd avoid yoga unless you know what you're at. I'd just walk or swim. Best of luck with that. I ran throughout my pregnancy and am hoping it will help, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

thanks everyone, great advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Walking and swimming are the best forms of excercise i think! I am on my own and dont drive, so i walked my whole pregnancy and it did good things for baby's positioning. It also keeps you fit for labour, and walking is said to bring on labour too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement