Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Vera Vs Jones Predictions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

The ads are so annoying. Great card so far...or actually maybe it's cause I'm just waiting on Jones for a few hundred quid! Come on Bones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

bret69 wrote: »
    The ads are so annoying. Great card so far...or actually maybe it's cause I'm just waiting on Jones for a few hundred quid! Come on Bones!

My mate had a big sports accumulator spread over a couple of weeks worth hundreds, football, horses, rugby... All of his results came in but he had to wait a whole week for his last one to come in................

........ Marquart to win v Sonnen. Ouch!

Jones has definately broken something in Vera's head right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

MrStuffins wrote: »
    My mate had a big sports accumulator spread over a couple of weeks worth hundreds, football, horses, rugby... All of his results came in but he had to wait a whole week for his last one to come in................

........ Marquart to win v Sonnen. Ouch!

That's funny cause I was waiting on the same result and I had football and rugby in there too! Damm Marquardt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

What a knockout Jones ****ing wrecked veras face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

What channel or link is this on guys?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

yayamark wrote: »

Thanks.
    its on espn but its over now

Thanks.

It's over now dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ok sound thanks

Dont have espn

• Advertisement

ok sound thanks

Dont have espn

if you're a UFC fan it's well worth subscribing to ESPN. If only for the next month, there's a heap of events on in the next month. I think after tonight's there's another 3 shows in the next month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Didn’t watch live so I seemed have enjoyed the show more than those who did. It was a very enjoyable fight card,
    me oh my how much has Guida's stock has fallen in the eyes of the UFC brass, loving all the potential permutations of how the HW division could go within the next year or two. Jones continues to impress as a contender and future draw too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

The noise of the crack when jones hit him with that elbow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I've an accum with Dos Santos, Kongo, Jones, Guida and Irvin. Wouldn't mind a few bob after Paddys Day!

Fuck you Irvin

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Fuck you Irvin
    If you'd seen Irvin at the Weigh In you'd have never backed him

MrStuffins wrote: »
    wow, watching the Weigh-Ins and looking at James Irvin at 185 is so weird!

Ya ever see when someone loses a shed load of weight after a serious illness? It's so weird to look at him, i remember him as a Heavyweight in the UFC.
    james-irvin.jpg
    1061.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Turns out Vera had a few broken bones in his face after that elbow and wasnt allowed to fly after the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

TechnoPool wrote: »
    The noise of the crack when jones hit him with that elbow

*shudders* terrible sound, I thought it was almost like a mixture of a crack and squelsh(sp?)
    TechnoPool wrote: »
    Turns out Vera had a few broken bones in his face after that elbow and wasnt allowed to fly after the event.

:eek: Only a few? I thought he had really f**ked up his eye at first, but then at announcement he seemed better and had it opened, slightly.

After Matt Hamill & Vera anyone up against Jones will do EVERYTHING possible not to take an albow from him :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

he broke 3 bones.

My night was god awful, two of my favorite fighters getting stopped ruthlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Couldn't watch it live last night but just watched the replay on ESPN and they cut all ads except the ones in between fights which is pretty cool of them.

The sound off that elbow was insane. I had never heard a face break before but I knew that's what I was hearing when it happened :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

genuinely gutted for Vera, got his face broken in 3 places, and that is a loss to set him back to the undercard again now for sure. Really looked like he was working for a sub but got taken out before he got a chance. Credit to Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Just after watching the fights there, was set for a nice payout if vera won, picked kongo, dos santos etc and was such an anti climax when he won since I knew the rest had already. damn you bones jones...

Thought vera was overpriced before the fight but was sick when he lost like that.

I knew jones was dangerous from seeing him in his last few fights but just don't like him or his style for some reason, don't know why cause theres not many fighters I hate (except hardy)!

anyway that sets him up nicely for a title shot soon,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

A good show all round. Some great knock outs, infact enough to give out 3 KO of the night awards. The noise of Jones elbow was sick. You could tell something was broken straight away.

It's not often heard but the ref's did a great job on the night, apart from the Howard Roberts fight. Rosenthal was very good noticing Sakara's punch and Herb Dean was spot on for warning Buentello about purposely dropping his hand to make Kongo's knees illegal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

sonic.trip wrote: »
    I knew jones was dangerous from seeing him in his last few fights but just don't like him or his style for some reason, don't know why cause theres not many fighters I hate (except hardy)!

anyway that sets him up nicely for a title shot soon,

Dana said it will be a good year before that happens, I guess they want to build him up first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

rovert wrote: »
    Dana said it will be a good year before that happens, I guess they want to build him up first.

He might end up retiring half the LHW's at this pace, there are a couple ahead of him currently though for title fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

good show, enjoyed it with some nice knockouts in there. luckily didnt watch it live by the sounds of the excessive ads. funny how the lesser cards tend to be the better overall shows lately.

tripod fracture of the cheek bone im assuming is what happened to vera. friend of mine fell onto a knee in a match before and same thing happened. from what i know of it, the cheek bone is supported on 3 sides and its those supports that break (if it is indeed the same injury). i guessed straight away thats what it was when he covered up as he did but was very suprised he was up at the decision (friend had to be taken to hospital and given morphine for pain). vera could well be out for a lengthy spell with that injury, kept willing him on to pull out the sneaky submission

oh and goldberg is just getting more and more annoying lately, constantly repeating the same phrases, although he came out with a new one last night that was truly cringeworthy 'watch quick!!' ok wtf....

Advertisement