Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guards and boy racers

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

as long as you have/doing everything legal they cant do **** to you

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Firstly, can I just make this clear. I am in no way a boy racer nor do I have a 'done-up' car. I drive a Punto :p

But I have an honest question.

I'm in love with Civic's and have been offered one at a good enough price.

It's not the top end model as in it doesn't stick out when driving.

If I got it and was driving it normally do you think the guards would give me much hassle?

All the stories I hear about these cars is that the guards torment the drivers.

If I have everything up to scratch, do you think the guards will keep pulling me in and stereotyping me because of the car?

Thanks.

in my opinion unless your causing hassle and rallying around the place i cant understand why they would pull you over i drive a car simialar and i never really have trouble im taxed nct insured and dont drive like a maniac..yet i do know a few peopl that are forever getting pulled over etc but thats only because they would sometimes give the garda reasons to do so.unless you were unlucky and caught a garda on a bad day..you no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I drive a modified Civic, exhaust is rather noisy as she gets higher in the rev range. I've gone past Guards at maybe 5k revs on motorways,nothing said, not even a look.

I've been beside Guards in traffic, and I tend to rev around 1500 which gives a slight rumble so I can get a smoother take-off, still nothing from the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I drive a modified Civic, exhaust is rather noisy as she gets higher in the rev range. I've gone past Guards at maybe 5k revs on motorways,nothing said, not even a look.

I've been beside Guards in traffic, and I tend to rev around 1500 which gives a slight rumble so I can get a smoother take-off, still nothing from the guards.
    Same with my Impreza. The exhaust gives a fair aul rumble when I take out the silencer but the guards say nada because I don't drive it like a tosser. Also, I can keep her quiet when I want to so there's never any complaints from neighbours. There's at least 4 babies I know of on my road. It passed the NCT with it on so it'll be staying on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TheGobb

all that means is that some thick cop does not do his job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

TheGobb wrote: »
    thats a helpful comment!! And what law do you reckon Midnight is breaking to warrant a guard stopping him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

thats a helpful comment!! And what law do you reckon Midnight is breaking to warrant a guard stopping him??
    I see he has chosen a very apt username ;)

I reckon he was looking for a reaction from a Guard.

Nope, just driving normally. 5k happened to be as I was changing lanes and the slight rumble while taking off I always do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

RoverJames wrote: »

Who? Midnight_EG?

• Advertisement

TheGobb wrote: »
    Exsqueeze me?
    Me or....?

draffodx wrote: »
    Who? Midnight_EG?

No, TheGobb :)

No, TheGobb :)

Thanks, I got confused :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Thanks, I got confused :D

Same as myself. Getting too old for thid business :p

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭debbie123

Thanks lads.

Was just wanting to clear this up as I hear many different contradicting stories about such cars.

my sister has 95 civic had it since she was 18 shes 23 now passed her test at 18 first go drives normally n all dat the guards hadnt seen car aound before so she got stopped quite a bit at first but they checked tax nct insurance licence and sent her on her way t just attracted interest st first but shes grand now there great cars by the way its never left her down after all this time good luck with it anyways and you should be fine!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

debbie123 wrote: »
    my sister has 95 civic had it since she was 18 shes 23 now passed her test at 18 first go drives normally n all dat the guards hadnt seen car aound before so she got stopped quite a bit at first but they checked tax nct insurance licence and sent her on her way t just attracted interest st first but shes grand now there great cars by the way its never left her down after all this time good luck with it anyways and you should be fine!!! :)

Punctuation would have been nice.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Punctuation would have been nice.

god second time today someone has tried to correct my english i dont care about punctuation ok im not an english teacher and never will be didnt ask u to read thread u did so tough no punctuation okkkk i told the lad my story cuz thought it would help him in some way now will u all please go away n leave me alone better things to be worrying about rather than your smart remarks!!!!

god second time today someone has tried to correct my english i dont care about punctuation ok im not an english teacher and never will be didnt ask u to read thread u did so tough no punctuation okkkk i told the lad my story cuz thought it would help him in some way now will u all please go away n leave me alone better things to be worrying about rather than your smart remarks!!!!
    From the charter;
    * No txt spk - show some respect to others reading your posts

I do believe punctuation falls under that.

From the charter;

i didnt read the charter ok my fault sorry everyone didnt realise ok

i didnt read the charter ok my fault sorry everyone didnt realise ok

Its just to keep things easy to read

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

From the charter;

There's also something there on back seat modding

Its just to keep things easy to read

ok didnt realise sorry. Never looked back to see what i wrote and if people could read it. Wont happen again:(

Onkle wrote: »
    There's also something there on back seat modding
    I wasn't back-seat modding, simply outlining a part of the charter, amn't I entitled to let posters know?

whats back seat modding????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I wasn't back-seat modding, simply outlining a part of the charter, amn't I entitled to let posters know?

No, no you are not. That is what the report post function is for

Onkle wrote: »
    No, no you are not. That is what the report post function is for

As a matter of interest, where is the report post function on boards?

I know where it is on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

As a matter of interest, where is the report post function on boards?

I know where it is on adverts.

Bottom left of the post. Its a red triangle looking figure.

Bottom left of the post. Its a red triangle looking figure.

Oh yes. I should of known that. Thanks

Advertisement